anyone have/had this problem?

by lonelysam 23 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysam
    lonelysam

ok,

im nearly 19, im right in the middle of leaving the borg, and i dont really know how to say this, (this is gunna sound stupid) but.. i havnt had a girlfriend for over 3 years, am still a virgin, and feel as if im never going to find the right girl for me, because i still beleive in sex after mariage. Not to mention i dont know where i stand on the whole bible thing. now i know 19 is very young to be looking for a sort of 'serious' relationship, but im starting to feel a bit lonely, anyone have simalar problems after you left? (sorry about the corniness of that) lol

lonelysam

• slugga
    slugga

I wandered away from the org when i was nearly 25, it took me nearly a year before I got used to the idea that I wasn't a practicing dub anymore and so could therefore go and sleep around.

Jesus said something about running hot or cold but not being lukewarm, I realised you can't sit on the fence and I got on with my life

• david_10
    david_10

No need to apologize-----------------------you're not being corny at all.

I think that this is a situation where you can't hurry things along too much. Just be patient, keep your eyes open, and, when you least expect it, she'll come walking into your life. So hang in there. Patience. Good luck.

David

• carla
    carla

Maybe you need to have some friends who are girls for awhile first? If you are just leaving now you may have many issues to work out and the waters can get muddied if you were to jump into a serious relationship now. Often people want to please the other person and if their own convictions and beliefs are not strong they will take on those standards of the one they love without even realizing they are not their own. I guess what I'm trying to say is -get your head on straight first before jumping into a relationship, then you will know if it is right or not. Go out with a bunch of people, socialize, join something fun. Do the group thing for awhile and learn to have friends that are female as well as men. You will learn much with a few female friends.

• lonelysam
    lonelysam

thanks for those comments, i know what you mean about sitting on the fence, but its not a religous thing as much for me, i just dont think its right personaly, i would really appreciate it if a girl saved herself for the right guy, and i was lucky enough to find her

lonelysam

• slugga
    slugga
    i know what you mean about sitting on the fence, but its not a religous thing as much for me, i just dont think its right personaly

That's good then. A lot of witnesses start sleeping around, doing drugs, smoking and stuff like that when they first leave the org (myself included). Its good that you can think for yourself.

• wednesday
    wednesday

You don't want to be one of jws any longer. Your life is all in front of you. So take some time to get to know yourself, find out how you really feel. Jws told you you had to refrain from fronication. Now you have people telling you to do just the opposite. Take some time and decide how YOU really feel about all this. Please go to college. You will meet people there and well, things usually have a way of sorting themselves out.

i am so happy for you. Welcome to the rest of your life.

weds

• mouthy
    mouthy

thanks for those comments, i know what you mean about sitting on the fence, but its not a religous thing as much for me, i just dont think its right personaly, i would really appreciate it if a girl saved herself for the right guy, and i was lucky enough to find her

lonelysam I really enjoyed your post love....I can attest to the fact that if you wait for the right gal to marry & have sex with-you wont regret it.. I had to get married ( pregnant ) at 16 yrs old. I have many that in this day & age have sex with many partners, because I have friends with youngsters your age,,,, They ALL have trouble. Just keep looking around. There are girls out there that feel the same as you do. Why not attend a Church of singles, they have dances, ski clubs, bowling etc. I am not saying all folks who go to Church DONT have sex outside of marriage. But I have met a few who feels the same as you. God Bless in your search & keep your values they are very good ones to have.

• KW13
    KW13

Your perfectly normal, its real confusion when what you THINK or believe comes in, and you slowly remove all the JW nonsense.

You will sort it out, and i wish you all the best. The light shines through in the end

• lonelysam
    lonelysam

thank you all VERY much, it will help me keep going, i think the church idea could work, there might be a good chance mouthy, im going to look into it...

lonelysam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit