Watchtower Properties Website

by Apostanator 10 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Apostanator
    Apostanator

I was wondering if there is a website available that lists all of the properties the Watchtower owns, as well as the current value of those properties? If not, what would it take to establish one? I think people would be very interested in what the Watchtower Holds as property or as businesses. Considering how hard it is to follow the money and where it ends up, this may be a good alternative to at least see what the Watchtower is into. Are there public records that can be obtained?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

If you look in the Best of section of the board and look under Finances you might find a few threads that list the various business names the WTS uses. Some of them have assets and tax returns. At least I think that is what is in them

Also try the Best of WTS info.

• sinis
    sinis

Can someone set up a Excel sheet that has a list of countries and cities that members can add to? That way a person in new york can post what properties they found in there local and someone else can post what they found elsewhere. Usually searching assessor websites show who has given property to the WTS or what properties they currently own. I think if someone did it by country and city and made it alphabetic then it would be easy to keep track of it. Perhaps have a column for sale or purchase price, current value, etc. and have a current running total built in so that at a glance a person can see what there assest total is worth. Just an idea.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Hi Apostanator!

This is a great idea! A list of their real estate assets all in one place! The proclaimers book had 50 or more pages of pictures of branch offices. Imagine how much it's all worth...branch offices...kingdom halls...assembly halls....not to mention Brooklyn and Patterson. I seem to remember a property in Hawaii too that was used as a conference center...

Coffee

• Apostanator
    Apostanator

Hey Coffee,

It would be like one stop shopping. ( just click here for all Watchtower assets. Properties and Businesses )

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Yep...and would give a pretty good idea about how much the org. is actually worth. I think that would be really interesting!

Coffee

• hubert
    hubert

Hey, Coffee and Apostonator,

How are you people?

I got a couple of places listed in my files that I can add to the list. The one in Hawaii rings a bell.

Hubert

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

They technically own all the KH

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

So whatever happened with their DUMBO project?

Some tidbits from http://www.brooklynpapers.com/html/issues/_vol27/27_26/27_26nets4.html

The new development — on an immense, vacant plot of land bounded by Jay, Front, York and Bridge streets — would include 1,000 one-bedroom apartments divided between four towers reaching 20, 18, 16 and 14 stories. The tallest of the planned towers would be 220 feet. Four courtyards within the complex would be gated, but remain open during the day.

The plans include a three-story assembly hall with a seating capacity of 2,500, a 1,600-person dining facility and an 1,100-space underground parking garage.

In addition to the residents, approximately 60,000 to 70,000 people would be visiting the center each year.

If approved, the Watchtower Society expects to complete the project in 2006.

The group originally planned a printing facility on the site, which is zoned for manufacturing, and even began demolition that has left the plot vacant for the past 12 years.

But the organization this year shifted its printing facilities 90 miles outside the city to upstate Wallkill, N.Y., and decided to use the site for apartments instead.

It is currently being used by the Watchtower Society as a parking lot.

Last month, the Watchtower Society certified plans with City Planning, starting the clock on the seven-month city land use review process.

Richard Devine, a spokesman for the Jehovah’s Witnesses, said if approved the project could lead to a surplus of Watchtower property that the religious order might want to sell off.

The Watchtower Society owns 33 properties in the Brooklyn Heights and DUMBO area including 20 residential buildings ranging from brownstones to apartment buildings.

Devine declined to comment on which buildings would be sold off.

But he said the overall development would “bring significant benefits to the community at large.”

The application also includes a request to rezone the nearly 100-year-old Thompson Meter Building, later home to an Eskimo Pie ice cream factory, for residential use.

The 64,000-square-foot building at 110 Bridge St. was declared a city landmark in February.
    ~Merry
  • ric
    ric

What do you think the farm in upstate ny is for, its farm land zoned agricultural. They hide huge amounts of cash there. how could you ever trace money from a scam like that. They use cash for everything. contributions are put into a box at the back of the hall so no one ever see's it. land and property left from will's, i know of one that an old guy was getting the full court press on his death bed , the congragation put a new roof on his home and everything. he died and they got the home and property worth 400 g's. no one ever heard another thing about the land, not even the relatives. and dont forget they are thier own bank, financing all the Kingdom halls in the world with interest

and they locked up John Gotti

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit