607BCE or 587/586BCE explained

by truth about the last days 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

You are correct, PMJ. The two sides are the one the WTS makes up from thin air and the one historians discovered.

I'll take the historian view. BTW, you have never mentioned any historians at all that support the 607 BC date. Why is that?

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

No one accused you of copying and pasting from the Watchtower publications. You were asked where you copied and pasted it from. Before you ask, no, I don't believe you wrote what you posted. That means it is an unsourced quote from somewhere. What was your source?

atypical,

http://www.heraldmag.org/olb/Contents/doctrine/70yrs.htm

There you go. Charles F. Redeker is with Zion's Tower of the Morning.

Zion's Tower of the Morning is an independent ministry sponsored by Christian Bible Students for the defense of God's Divine Plan of the ages.

Yes, if you look to this group for spiritual guidance you will take a step back to the testament in stone, the Great Pyramid. PMJ, you sure you want to use them as your source of support? They aren't exactly historians, you know. Or scholars, for that matter.

AuldSoul

• atypical
    atypical

PMJ, I was trying to be polite, but it is obvious you cut and pasted it. Anybody who has seen your regular posts can vouch that that was not one of them. I was just trying to make the subtle point that maybe you are arguing a side you only support because of who wrote it. If it is not from a watchtower publication, then I as one with an open mind would be interested to know where you got the info, and I would be happy to explore it further. Fair enough?

• PMJ
    PMJ

THEY DO NOT MAKE IT UP FROM THIN AIR AT ALL.THEY BELEIVE THE DESOLATION LASTED 70 YEARS NOT 50 YEARS.WITH YOU TRUSTING HISTRIONS.REMEMBER.DONT PUT YOUR HOPE IN THE SON OF EARTHLING MAN TO WHO NO SALVATION BELONGS

• atypical
    atypical

I wholeheartedly agree with that scripture, especially this: "nor in the son of earthling man". Would you say this includes the writing team at bethel?

• greendawn
    greendawn

Scholar hasn't showed up yet perhaps he is out on a trip somewhere. Still insisting against the whole world that their date is genuine, anyway nothing really extraordinary happened in 1914 or since that year.

• PMJ
    PMJ

YES IT WAS COPIED AND PASTED.BUT I DO AGREE WITH THE REASONING OF WHAT I READ.BUT IN ALL HONESTY IT WAS NOT FROM THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    THEY BELEIVE THE DESOLATION LASTED 70 YEARS NOT 50 YEARS.

This is what they make up from thin air, that the desolation lasted 70 years. They believe it, but the Bible doesn't teach it. The 70 years started in 2 Chronicles 36:6 and ended in 2 Chronicles 36:21. I know this for sure because Ezra recorded that it was in fulfillment of what JEREMIAH wrote. Jeremiah only spoke of 70 years applying to the nations (including, but not limited to, Judea) becoming subject to Babylon for 70 years. Jeremiah never said the temple would be destroyed for 70 years, in fact, he said there was no need for the city or people to be brought to ruin.

2 Chronicles 36:21 refers to the state (he. shammâ: appallment, horror, waste) of the land, not the condition of the people and certainly not the state of the Temple or the rulership of a line of kings.

(NWT) 2 Chronicles 36:21 says:

to fulfill Jehovah’s word by the mouth of Jeremiah, until the land had paid off its sabbaths. All the days of lying desolated it kept sabbath, to fulfill seventy years.

(NWT) marginal reference on "seventy years" points to Jeremiah 25:12, which says:

“‘And it must occur that when seventy years have been fulfilled I shall call to account against the king of Babylon and against that nation,’ is the utterance of Jehovah, ‘their error, even against the land of the Chal·de´ans, and I will make it desolate wastes to time indefinite.'"

If this prophecy relates to 607 BC as a starting point then the seventy years were fulfilled in only sixty-eight. Babylon was called to account in 539 BC, not 537 BC. Even according to your Governing Body. I do hope you wake up to what they did to your brain. I am genuinely concerned for whether you will find your way clear of their poisonous thinking.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    YES IT WAS COPIED AND PASTED.BUT I DO AGREE WITH THE REASONING OF WHAT I READ.BUT IN ALL HONESTY IT WAS NOT FROM THE WATCHTOWER SOCIETY

It was copied from a Bible Students Web site sponsored by Zion's Tower of the Morning. They also believe and have "valid" arguments to support Russell's Divine Plan of the Ages, do you subscribe to that as well? Do you think the measurements of the Great Pyramid have a conection to the outworking of Bible prophecy?

AuldSoul

• PMJ
    PMJ

DANIEL 9V2 IT SAYS THE DEVISTAIONS OF JERUSALEM WERE 70 YEARS.THE GOVERNING BODY DO BELIVE THAT CYRUS GIVE THE JEWS PERMISION TO GO AND REBUILD JERUSALEM IN 537BCE.YOU TELL ME NOT TO PAY ATENTION TO WHAT THE GOVERNING BODY SAY.BUT YOU ARE NO DIFFRENT IN THINKING EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS THE TRUTH

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit