Would Jehovah create something He could not control or convince?

by DavidChristopher 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Any thoughts on this?

Would He create us without the knowledge of how to convince us His will and commands are for our best interest?

Would we?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

based on how immature he sounds, i would say no. sounds like if he had done it right, we would all be robots.

but if he did, then he shouldn't be throwing such a hissy-fit when we do not react the way he asks. you know, killing us, or burning us in hell etc. very childish.

jehovah: "my robots don't work the way i made them to work!! WAAAHHHHH!!!! i am going to smash them all!! an curse them!!"

he he...

ts

• Shazard
    Shazard

response is love... love without freedom is not love. so God created his beeings free because of love. if creation using it's freedom rejects love, so rejects God they doom themselves to ethernal non-love

• FairMind
    FairMind

Shazard, you are 100% right!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

that's just ignorant shazard. there are many people who love AND reject your bleeding God.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

"You can have free will so long as you do exactly what I say, or you'll die a terrible terrible death."

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

More on this later...I am going to be late to my first meeting in 8 years, got a couple of questions I need answered

• greendawn
    greendawn

There can never be total freedom of action because it will then encroach on other people's liberties and rights, and if one decides to go that far there will be consequences. God gives freedom of choice but never tempts humans to choose evil.

• Terry
    Terry

I'm pretty tired of the stale "robot" analogy, frankly.

Look at it this way. Would you as an artist, builder, craftsman or designer find any merit whatsoever in creating something that not only performed or behaved unpredictably, but, could impair or destroy other things you've designed and built also?

Think of Microsoft and their Windows programs. Everybody ridicules Bill Gates and his company because of the tendency of their software to crash or need constant tweaking updates. The UNPREDICTABLE nature of the product is considered a reflection on the maker. Microsoft isn't all-knowing or all-powerful or perfect, but, they still would PREFER to create a flawless product if they could come up with one.

A furniture maker who built a chair that might suddenly collapse under the weight of any person sitting in it might be sued and run out of business for a product that was unsafe.

So too with this Jehovah and his chief craftsman: Jesus.

Humans have built-in natures. Man's "choices" are narrow. The fact that a person can choose to starve himself does not say much about his "free" will. Now, if a man could choose to not eat food, but, live off of sunlight; well, you'd have true FREE will. I'm practically serious.

We don't build machines that have free will because it would serve little purpose to be thwarted by cross-purposes.

I'm now going to demonstrate something to you if you will pay close attention. It is a point that is SUBTLE, but, not impossible to understand about "free will". Listen carefully.

Here goes:

You are building a new home. You wire your house. In one room you put an on/off light switch. This particular room and light switch is special. When you flip this switch there will be an attached circuit that goes to a software program that randomly selects a "yes" or "no" response. In other words, occasionally the switch will NOT go on when you want it to or will NOT go off when you flip it. In effect, this switch has a kind of random "free will" independant of you (the maker's) DESIRE for it to function according to your will. Does the fact that this switch can perform independant of your will make it a BETTER or IMPROVED switch in any way? No.

Next step:

If God creates a human whose natural instinct is to crave to do good (according to god's design) and to find any other action repugnant, what then? Let us compare such a created person with one who DOES NOT have a natural instinct to crave what is good and be repelled by repugnant bad activity. Okay?

We shall call the person with the built-in INSTINCT person A.

We shall call the person with the entirely free will person B.

Person A will see no benefit in any way to exercising their "free will" because it can ONLY LEAD to a repugnant feeling of disgust.

Person B, however, not possessing such an instinct will often resort to a learning curve of trial and error to determine what might be optimum behavior and in the process injure themselves and others.

Clearly there is no advantage to the Person B's free will. This is the person the myth of Genesis has presented us with.

Creating an Adam and Eve without instinct, God reveals himself to be a poor builder, inept planner and unworthy of all the praise men heap upon his work. Free Will is a terrible thing.

I assert that God is only "good" because he can hurt you if you disagree with any erratic and arbitrary thing he does.

God's free will has brought about all the misery and death that has visited mankind throughout its history. God has had thousands and thousands of years to correct this error. So far, all we have witnessed is further ineptitude and no improvements.

This speaks volumes for the very notion of their even being a God.

Therefore, the answer to the question:

Is; there can be no God unless this selfsame God COULD create something he could control and convince.

Terry

• DaveNwisconsin
    DaveNwisconsin

God gave all of us free will. That is why some people are nice and others act like a horses butt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit