Watchtower Library and Copyright Issues

by Asking 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Asking
    Asking

I really need good answers on this. I don't want a law suit. Is it ok to list the articles titles that i'm commenting on my website and then paraphrase what i believe that article says without writing quotes. Is printing all the article names for a subject the same as copying the contents of the CD or is that fair use since you have to know which article i'm talking about?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    Is it ok to list the articles titles that i'm commenting on my website and then paraphrase what i believe that article says without writing quotes.

You can make a list of the titles. You can also use short quotations (giving the source) for "fair use"

Is printing all the article names for a subject the same as copying the contents of the CD or is that fair use since you have to know which article i'm talking about?

It sounds like you want to use the list of titles as an index. I doubt that would be a problem.

But then I'm not a WTS

• rebel8
    rebel8

www.copyright.gov will answer all of your questions.

• Forscher
    Forscher

I'd say look around at how some of the more scholarly folks do their "works cited" lists on the essays they post on the net. It shouldn't be all that hard to find a few. Follow how they quote or paraphrase the materials and how they list the sources and you shouldn't go wrong. The standards they use are there for a reason, so that they can't be accused of either plagarising somebody else's work or violating copyrights. As long as you follow the standards, the lawyers at the WTBTS shouldn't have a leg to stand on.
    Forscher

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit