Visiting the Biltmore House in Asheville NC

by SWALKER 10 Replies latest jw friends

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Just thought I'd put up the link for this beautiful place that I am visiting today:

http://www.biltmore.com/

It's been a while since I've been...I used to take out of town visitors there quite often! I do plan on going to the winery for the wine-tasting! As I am not driving, I hope to sample quite a few! It's a nice place to visit if you're ever in NC!

Swalker

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

It is beautiful there. Haven't been there for many many years, but you make me want to go again. I think the film, "Being There", was filmed at the Biltmore.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

We had a field trip there in fourth grade.

I got in trouble for not sitting in my seat on the bus on the way down.

Have fun.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Yup! Been there, done that. Well, all except the wine . . . yuck!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I am going to sound ignorant, but I have to say I had not seen of anything like it outside of Europe. Makes me wish I could take a tour......

Thanks for the link

• garybuss
    garybuss

Another interesting tour is "Hearst Castle", at San Simeon California. http://www.hearstcastle.com/Nancy and I saw that on our west coast tour in 1994.
    We rode the Blueridge Parkway and visited the Biltmore Mansion in 1995.
    That was our last big motorcycle trip.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I have been there as well and thought it was beautiful, especially some of the views from the bedrooms

and also when you first take site of it, the long drive to the house. I went in the spring when the azaleas were in bloom...........gorgeous!

It was the first house in the US to have electricity and a telephone if my memory is right.

purps

• Cellist
    Cellist

We would love to go see Biltmore.

On a side note, has anyone watched the Judy Collins Christmas concert that was held there?

Cellist

• delilah
    delilah
    Enjoy the Biltmore Estate...I'd love to go some day. I've seen the Hearst Castle on HGTV for it's Christmas celebration, and it was absolutely stunning.
  • Virgogirl
    Virgogirl

I have family in Asheville. I visited them many years ago and they had a view of the Mansion from their house. I think Asheville is one of the most beautiful cities in the US, and Biltmore is an awesome place. Of course, now that the relatives are ignoring me, I guess I wouldn't have much reason to go back, unless it's to check out all those emerald and gem mines nearby that I saw on the travel channel!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit