Wow, did it feel good.......................

by BLISSISIGNORANCE 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

.................to be standing on the other side of the door on a Saturday morning.

It happened today. I had gone to the markets early and when I got home I wandered across the road to my neighbour's house to have my hair coloured. She's a frustrated hairdresser and a friend.

As usual we chatted as she prepares the colour. No sooner had she mixed the colour and put her gloves on, when there was a knock on the front door. She said she wasn't expecting anyone and could I get it. Her silly dog, who tries to escape regularly, was sniffing under the door so I bent down to hold her back and answer the door at the same time. While bent over I looked through the screen door and there was and elder from my congo with his wife.

I don't know who was more surprised, them or me, but it was quite funny. 'Oh hello, we were after J. (friend's daughter).' I said, 'well, she's not here but her mum is' 'Oh, we were just calling back because she took a book last week.' In the mean time my friend, who can't stand the dubs, calls around the corner and says, 'she's not here and i'm not interested.' I felt a bit like the meat in the sandwich and must have had a strange look on my face So at this point he must have felt he needed to explain his surprise and inefficiency as an elder because we have been in our new home for over 3 yrs and have never seen him. So he says, 'Do you live here? I thought you'ld moved.' I said, 'I live over there and am here to get my hair done.' 'So how are you?' he asks. 'Really good thanks, and you?' 'Well, not bad considering. There is no other hope in life other than what we have in the borg and we endure because it is the only thing to do. When god cleans the earth there will be no one except god's people alive. And there is alot of good to be found in the borg.' oh yeh, like the pedo who abused my kid..................................

..................was he so annoyed at finding me relaxing and having a fun saturday morning, looking every bit as happy as I am since leaving, while he and his wife were sweating under the hot sun............that he had to try to spoil it for me? Well, all i could think was, 'you just can't help yourself can you? Even when you have stuffed up as an elder, not knowing where your little lost sheep are, helping the flock and loving your brothers, you still have to preach! Preach, preach, preach!

I just smiled as my friend called out, 'TELL THEM TO GO AND STOP BOTHERING US, YOUR HAIR NEEDS DOING AND THE COLOUR NEEDS TO GO ON NOW!'

Reminded me of the days I was on the other side of the door and how I felt when I annoyed people with preaching on a Saturday morning. I just imagined the conversation they had on their way back to the car.

Anyhow, fun weekend to you all

Cheers, Bliss

PS: post the comments you think were made by the elder and his wife...........lets have some fun

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

(Note the gratuitous use of exclamatory remarks)

Brother Sefreichious: I can't believe it! Here I was, thinking she was sick or something. I've been so worried about her!

Sister Sefreichious: Well, I always wondered what people did when they stopped going to meetings and out in serve-us. Now I know, they get their hair done!

Brother Sefreichious: I can't believe how close she seemed with her worldly neighbor! No doubt, those kind of friendships is where it started!

Sister Sefreichious: She will wish she had been out in serve-us with us when Armegeddon comes, I can tell you that!

Brother Sefreichious: Yes, well, it just goes to show you..."bad association spoils useful habits." So, how many people did we talk to?

Sister Sefreichious: Hm...counting them?

Brother Sefreichious: Of course!

Sister Sefreichious: Two.

Brother Sefreichious: And we placed one set of magazines, too! And got a dollar donation!

[they reach the car]

Sister Sefreichious: Honey, isn't it about time for a break?

Brother Sefreichious: Yes. We've been out for an hour now.

• montana96
    montana96

I t does feel good to be on the other side of the door doesnt it?

I bet they were just jealous because you looked pretty relaxed and enjoying your saturday morning. We love our weekends now and every now and again when a jw does pop in we are usually just relaxing after a lovely breakfast or heading to the beach down the road.

Can I ask what happened to your daughter and is that the reason you left? Greetings fro oz land as well.

Mercedes x

• greendawn
    greendawn

The persective is different once you've been behind the scenes and know what is really going on there, you are aware that this sheepish looking organisation is in fact a dragon that is out to deceive and devour the unaware.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Hello Bliss, long time no see....

What book did they leave with your friends daughter? How old is your friends daughter? I hope you and your friend warned the daughter about talking to cult members out recruiting.

Good to see you again....((((Bliss)))))

lisa

• Honesty
    Honesty
    PS: post the comments you think were made by the elder and his wife...........

She always was weak in the truth.

• DaveNwisconsin
    DaveNwisconsin

I feel sorry for all the door knockers but answer the door because otherwise they will come back. The part that upsets me is that they feel the only "Truth" is found in there religion and no one elses, sad you know..............

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

Nice to hear fom you all

AuldSoul : very funny and I think I would agree with the hypothetical discussion.

Sister Sefreichious: Well, I always wondered what people did when they stopped going to meetings and out in serve-us. Now I know, they get their hair done!

LOL.......................she should try it sometime. Talk about the pioneer look! (not the actual sister)

Greendawn:

you are aware that this sheepish looking organisation is in fact a dragon that is out to deceive and devour the unaware.

oh yes, they are more dangerous because of their deception............how true!

And lovely Lisa.............

What book did they leave , How old is your friends daughter, warned the daughter about talking to cult members out recruiting. ??????????????

Honesty: The answer for so many leaving............'they were weak' ............translated.............'they came to know and think too much, independant spirit'

Montana96:

I bet they were just jealous because you looked pretty relaxed and enjoying your saturday morning

It was over 35 deg and they were in the sun while I was in shorts in an air-conditioned house enjoying a cup of tea. Who was the happiest?

That's why he had to try and convince himself that he was in the better situation by preaching all the crap to me.

Anyhow, life is good..............keep enjoying those weekends ok

Cheers, Bliss

• Virgogirl
    Virgogirl

Brother Pomp-ass:" Did ya see her, fellowshipping in the home of a worldling woman?"

Sister Pomp-ass:" Yes, placing importance on outward appearance rather than placing magazines! ......How'd you like her hair?"

Brother Pomp-ass:" She looked HOT! WHy don't you do something like that too?"

Sister Pomp-ass:" Well, if you think it would be pleasing to Jehoopla, I'll ask the elders if I can!"

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

BLISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Luv!!!! I just saw your post... Oh boy I bet you were glad to have run into them on Saturday morning. LOL. Do you think they counted your place as a not at home and will call on it again. You might have another encounter yet! I hope they don't turn up trying to get dirt on you luv.

How weird that happened to you. Saturday morning I was sitting there with the bf around 10am and I just go... 'You know it will happen eventually don't you' bewilderedly he replied 'what will happen???' and I said 'the JW's are going to call on your door one day.' Then we got into a big discussion about how he must prepare himself for the inevitable and what he can say.

I don't know why but I just got this really strong feeling that they were out and about. Must have been picking up some vibes from you from the other side of town! LOL...

Told ya I luv ya guts!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit