Generation Change

by slugga 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slugga
    slugga
    Slugga - If you've got a problem with 'apostate stuff' what are you doing on here?

The site says "Jehovah's witness Discussion Forum," ...I was tricked into it!

lol

• TheListener
    TheListener

Even before the magazines were received by the local cong. there was excitement about new information that they contained.

Once everyone had their copy and read it, there wasn't a lot of discussion.

Frankly, not everyone (and by that I mean most) understood exactly what was being said. It wasn't until the WT study actually happened that most got the point.

Excited at new news but not stumbled by bumbling prophecy.

I know of one or two that left as a direct result.

I didn't bat an eye.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

I believe it came out at the Assembley first?I remember sitting at Norwich 1995 and looking around when it was mentioned...yep,no-one gave a hoot far as i could tell.sad

• daystar
    daystar

slugga

Slugga - If you've got a problem with 'apostate stuff' what are you doing on here?

The site says "Jehovah's witness Discussion Forum," ...I was tricked into it!

lol

Hey brother, don't sweat it. The "apostate" trigger was still alive and well when I first joined this forum and I had been out for fourteen years already. Get rid of that trigger and keep looking around for more to rid yourself of.

• TD
    TD

I made a point of going with my wife to the meeting when this article was studied. Most of the Witnesses didn't bat an eyelash.

I remember after the meeting, in casual conversation with the study conducter, I mentioned that I was having a hard time understanding the new "understanding."

"Why?" he asked.

"Well, I could take the old definitions and paraphrase the scripture and it made sense. I can't do that now." I said.

"What do you mean?"

I said, "Before today, 'This Generation' meant those that saw 1914. 'Pass Away' meant to die from old age. 'All These Things' meant the entire sign including Armageddon."

"Put them all together and you get: "Those that saw 1914 won't all die from old age before Armageddon. I tried, during the study to do that with the new definitions and I couldn't. Can you?"

He thought for a minute, turned pink; said, "Well, That's one way of looking at it!" turned red and walked away......

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem
    Hey brother, don't sweat it. The "apostate" trigger was still alive and well when I first joined this forum and I had been out for fourteen years already. Get rid of that trigger and keep looking around for more to rid yourself of.

What? Are there any apostates here? I am still a witness in good standing, I better get the h@ll out of here then....

p.s. in my congregation, it was quite a shock for some. Escpecially for some of those longer in the "truth". They always hoped to see the mass murder at armageddon with there own eyes, now they were not sure anymore.
    Lot of others did not cared to much. I guess they could be told almost anything, and don't care. Not a lot of people really expect argameddon any minute anymore anyway.

Danny

• Legolas
    Legolas

Does anyone know how many of the annointed are said to be 'Replacements'?

I will bet you that no one does!

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I wasn't at that meeting. My bookstudy conductor came by after the meeting to make sure we had the mags and that we had read the article (I hadn't read it). He tried to explain the change, but I didn't understand at the time what he was saying. He couldn't really explain it to me, said I'd just have to read it for myself. At the time I didn't really care to look into it any further.

BB

• willyloman
    willyloman

The reaction of the average dub was pretty much the same as at Jonestown when they passed out the Kool Aid.

• Calliope
    Calliope

i remember people being really meek about it and grateful that the HS was still guiding us and enlightening us.

interesting isn't it? no one questioned why the HS didn't simply guide us with the correct information in the first place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit