Waking up to a gas hike of?

by Golf 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Golf
    Golf

OK, folks, swallow this. Yesterday at the gas pumps, a litre of gas went for 94.9. This morning it was $109.9 a litre!

Since 4.5 litres equal a gallon, how would you react to waking up and having to pay (an increase)in the range of 64 cents a gallon for gas?

I think the Americans public would riot. Would they?

Golf

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

It happened last summer! Within a month, it went from less than 1.90 to 3.00, then slooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwllllly crawled down to the 2.00 mark, and has hovered there ever since.

Rats on Crack, that is all we are....

• joelbear
    joelbear

oh never mind, i thought it said gay hike off

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

It is what is needed IMHO - nobody has a RIGHT to cheap gas

• JH
    JH

I put 15$ of gas a week anyways, no matter what the price..

• neverin
    neverin

sorry you guys but you don't know you are born - in the uk we pay around 90p(uk) for a litre of petrol around £4 per gallon - that's around $2.35 per gallon of which around 70% is paid to the goverment in tax.

• Scully
    Scully

Golf

I've noticed the same kind of thing here. The price will be a "decent" 84.8¢/L in the evening when I go to work (and don't really have time to stop and fill up) and then on the way home in the morning, it will be up to 96.1¢/L.

There is a cycle to this pricing though: Whenever traffic is at a peak, so is the gas price. So look for lower prices mid-day or in the evening after most people have gone home from work. The gas companies are trying to maximize on profit, and since people are most likely to think of filling up in the morning on the way to the office or on the way home in the evening, this pricing works in their favor. The trends also change depending on the day of the week. I notice that prices are highest on Monday morning, but tend to bottom out by Tuesday evening, and then start creeping higher as the weekend approaches.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

£4 per gallon - that's around $2.35 per gallon CORRECTION That is around $6-80 at current exchange rates

• FairMind
    FairMind

Get used to it! It is going to get much worse. www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/

• JH
    JH

Gas was 1.40$ a litre last August. Now it's $1.044 here

I expect it to go up a little.

It will really go up if Iran is attacked....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit