The WTS is gaining more from the Latino community but not holding onto them

by Elsewhere 11 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

So when there is mass resistance there is nothing the WTS can do to impose their will, they can't disfellowship everyone. That means the westerners are too sheepish and lack tough mindedness.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem
    Can I ask a question? We don't have separate language meetings in the UK so I'm not familiar with how they work. If a Spanish publisher went out on service and found an interested English speaking person and started a study would that publisher hand the study over to someone on the English side so that they could attend the English meetings?

Hi Slugga, I am pretty sure that there are other language meetings in the U.K. probably a lot of them. I think spanish would be one of them, and also hindi, , portugese, urdu, amharic, farsi, arabic, etc. When someone meets an interested person in the FM whom does not speak the local language (or not very good). The address is registered (without his permission) and send to bethel. They send these addresses to the congregation or group that is preaching in this terretory. For the more obscure languages there is sometimes just some publisers doing the work (no group).
    Then the will visit the person, and start a bible study. if not they keep the address as their terretory. DB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit