Are you a perfectionist?

by prophecor 20 Replies latest jw friends

• prophecor
    prophecor

Don't you just drive everybody else craxy with your little totalitarian molecularly managed world?

Drives my folks nuts. And myself too most times.

I can't seem to get out of my own way.

Who are you driving craxy today?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I seem to have taken spell of that in my life. I am truly a perfectionist by nature. I used to drive my family crazy when a teenager because I could not stand a mess or anything not in it's place. Of course it helped keep the house clean - my mother was not a housekeeper. Later I drove wifey a little nuts at times too.

Thirty years later, we find ourselves raising our grandkids. I have learned to embrace the clutter, since it has prevailed in the wake of the little tykes!

Once the g-kids have moved on and out someday, I will most likely return to the old ways.

Jeff

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Nope.

While it's nice to have things right, moving my career into Management put paid to the idea of perfection. There's a little-known managerial concept called "satisficing", that is the only way to allow you to get everything done!

• Legolas
    Legolas

Oh gawd yes!

I think that I drive myself more nuts with it though then I do others....at least they can get away from me for a time each day...LOL!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I'm a perfectionist with certain things: spelling & grammar, my clothes closet, and of course my photography. Other things I'm not a perfectionist AT ALL: cleaning, clothing, decorating, my car.

• prophecor
    prophecor

I'm an unfortunate perfectionist who reverberates between the two extremes of calm and chaos. It often assist in my overlooking, things although mundane, still essential to my basic life. Being oblivious to the blatantly obvious, I lose or misplace money, can't find keys, important papers, all in an effort to keep my world balanced and it still pretty much all goes to pot. Often in life, it's either all or nothing at all. I either do a wonderful job, or have the equivalent of a nuclear holocaust!!!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    I'm an unfortunate perfectionist who reverberates between the two extremes of calm and chaos. It often assist in my overlooking, things although mundane, still essential to my basic life. Being oblivious to the blatantly obvious, I lose or misplace money, can't find keys, important papers, all in an effort to keep my world balanced and it still pretty much all goes to pot. Often in life, it's either all or nothing at all. I either do a wonderful job, or have the equivalent of a nuclear holocaust!!!

Art,

I just love this - nuclear holocaust. Haha!

Do you believe this is just the way "we are" or is this the outcome of having lived in a religion where everything was black and white and little greys?

As a Witness, it typically was all or nothing living. I guess I am beginning to learn that I can slow down, that what I've always thought should be perfect doesn't have to be, and other things that should be a little more perfect I need to work on.

Andi

• gumby
    gumby
    Do you believe this is just the way "we are" or is this the outcome of having lived in a religion where everything was black and white and little greys?

I was wondering the same thing. Are ex-dubs ( and dubs)...more prone to doing everything just right? I know a lot of dubs who were/are pigs too. I think dubs who are really ingrained with dubdom are MORE prone to be perfectionists.

Also....I don't think being neat and tidy and arranged.....is a barometer for being a perfectionists. I can't think of the name for those who have to have the towels folded just right or the ones who place their shoes side by side each other in a specific spot and have a shitfit if someone messes it up..........there's a name for it.

Gumby.....who ain't bein flirty but always enjoys seeing billygoats cute little smile.

• joelbear
    joelbear

i have been a perfectionist for most of my life but i have given it up and prefer non-perfectionism

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I noticed the font kerning in your original message was a bit off, so I fixed it for you.

...and you have something on your teeth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit