Anyone ever seen a ghost?

by Clam 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Clam
    Clam

Have you ever seen a "ghost"? If you did, were you scared, fascinated or straight to denial?

If you did see one, were you a JW at the time and therefore did you believe it to be an apparition projected by the demons?

I'd be very interested to hear any stories, as well as being told to grow up because they don't exist.

• Legolas
    Legolas

No I didn't but I know people who did..my father and grandmother for two, so I believe in them...I always did!

• slugga
    slugga
    I'd be very interested to hear any stories, as well as being told to grow up because they don't exist

New research into the ghost thing is pointing to the culprit being infra sound and nothing supernatural at all

Check out these sites if you want an explanation and have an open mind

http://www.meta-religion.com/Paranormale/Ghost/ghosts_and_infrasound.htm

http://www.meta-religion.com/Paranormale/Ghost/ghosts_created_by_low_frequency.htm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Archive/Article/0,4273,4038891,00.html

and

http://skepdic.com/infrasound.html

• Clam
    Clam

Cheers slugga. Interesting stuff. Yes I'm very open minded about this kind of stuff and resonating eyeballs isn't a theory I've come across!

• JH
    JH

Gee, I don't know what my reaction would be if ever I saw one....

If I had a shot gun, I'd aim at it and shoot so damn often.

• oldflame
    oldflame

I have seen several ghost or spirits. I have been touched and I have had things move. I will explain later as I am off to work...

• slugga
    slugga

Last year I had and extension built on my house with a glass roof. Shortly afterwards weird things started to happen, we'd hear footsteps in the kitchen, a few times myself or my other half would feel or see someone walking pass behind us (It was always out of the corner of our eyes)and a number of times we felt that "hair standing up on the back of your neck thing". Quite often you heard about "hauntings" happening when an old house has been disturbed in some way, i did a bit of research and came up with those infra sound sites. My experiences matched those of the researcher mentioned on those sites and i now reckon that my haunting was nothing more than my glass roof vibrating thanks to passing tube trains.

The extension settled down and the "haunting" stopped

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I did, I'm pretty sure at least. I was somewhat asleep. This is a strange story really but, I fell asleep with my wife completely naked. I'm a pretty modest person and don't like being seen even with out a shirt, nevermind naked. So I woke up in the middle of the night feeling like people were watching me. I quickly covered up my ass and there were about 10 people surrounding the bed. They were really somber looking; for some reason I didn't freak out, I just said to my wife somewhat half-heartidly "Why are all these people watching us?"

When I woke up fully in the morning my wife was yelling at me for being a deep sleeper (which I am, the atom bomb could go off and I wouldn't wake up), while I was asleep the sheets got caught in between my wife's choker necklace and her neck and was choking her bad. She really felt like she was about to pass out, she was kicking me and punching me trying to get me up to help her. But once again I'm a deep sleeper and she couldn't wake me up, she thought she was going to die, and just as that happened the sheet let up and she could breath again. Not even a second later I turned to her and said "Why are all these people watching us?" then fell back to sleep immediately.

It was wierd I remembered it plain as day, my wife was convinced she was about to die. It kinda changed my feelings on some things and confused me with some other stuff.

As for demon stories I have a pretty long one as well, but I gotta get back to work, I'll post it a bit later.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

"I'd be very interested to hear any stories, as well as being told to grow up because they don't exist."

Grow up because they don't exist.( happy to oblige!)(insert smiling emoticon here).

Clam, I've got six kids and my wife starts training as a midwife next week.
    Cheers Pete.

• Clam
    Clam

LOL Pete nice one. Mrs Clam is pretty keen on moving to NZ actually(with me of course!). They get much better pay over there apparently. I'm nuts about rugby so I'm not complaining.

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit