2005 Statistics

by Jeffro 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

After having a look at the newly posted 2005 JW statistics and comparing them to those of 2004, there are some interesting trends.

23841 fewer bible studies.

377274 fewer at the memorial.

14785 fewer baptized.

4032902 fewer hours in the ministry.

Also, I have estimated, based on the change in the peak publishers from 2004 to 2005 compared to the number baptized, that around 146934 were disfellowshipped, disassociated or became inactive.

Sudan has started reporting as of 2005. Palau is now reporting under its English name; previously it was listed under its native name Belau.

Most areas showing growth are poor countries and countries with only relatively recent Witness presence.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Thanks for the numbers.

Sometimes IS

~Merry

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Thanks,

I think using average instead of peak numbers are more of an accurate representation, and they make it look even worse, around about 175,000 went inactive or were d/f.

I was thinking about putting out a flier on JW car windows at the next DC. Something like:

In 2005 almost 200,000 Jehovah's Witnesses stopped preaching. Would you like to know what led to many of them making this choice? If ever have had any doubts about whether this is the truth please visit www.jehovahs-witness.com

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Did you figure in the death-rate of prob 1%? That would account for a sizable number no longer preaching. Just wondered. I haven't done a side by side yet.

Jeff

• zagor
    zagor
    I was thinking about putting out a flier on JW car windows at the next DC. Something like:

In 2005 almost 200,000 Jehovah's Witnesses stopped preaching. Would you like to know what led to many of them making this choice? If ever have had any doubts about whether this is the truth please visit www.jehovahs-witness.com

LOL, that's a helluva idea. And hey you could even report that as field service, 'cause you were spreading the truth, after all that might boost stats for this year

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

And in a few years of doing that, you`ll probably have made up for all those fake monthly reports...making up for lost time.

• Mary
    Mary
    I was thinking about putting out a flier on JW car windows at the next DC. Something like: In 2005 almost 200,000 Jehovah's Witnesses stopped preaching. Would you like to know what led to many of them making this choice? If ever have had any doubts about whether this is the truth please visit www.jehovahs-witness.com

Just don't forget to count the fliers as "tracts" when you turn in your Field Service Report. FYI, I think they have brothers roaming the parking lots at the ASSemblies now just to make sure that there are no fliers like yours on everyone's cars. Can't let people find out the truth about The Truth now can we?

• Klaus Vollmer
    Klaus Vollmer

and not to forget: about 230,000 general pioneers less.

its a tohuwabohu of Isaia 60:8 , the pigeons leave the windows and disappear in the distance.

the cohabitation with UN and Cesnur reasons that kind of reaping.

Brooklyn should repend in sack and ashes - yet they are claiming the throne

• Poztate
    Poztate

Thanks for giving us the good er bad news. I hope the next report shows a lot more zeros or minus signs.

• Rooster
    Rooster

Keep in Step With Jehovah’s Organization

"May the God of peace . . . equip you with every good thing to do his will."—HEBREWS 13:20, 21.

IN THE year 1999, the earth’s population reached six billion! The World Almanac indicates that of this number some 1,165,000,000 are Muslims; 1,030,000,000 are Roman Catholics; 762,000,000 are Hindus; 354,000,000 are Buddhists; 316,000,000 are Protestants; and 214,000,000 are Orthodox.

In view of the religious division and confusion existing today, could all these millions be acting in harmony with God’s will? No, "for God is a God, not of disorder, but of peace." (1 Corinthians 14:33) On the other hand, what about the international brotherhood of Jehovah’s servants? (1 Peter 2:17) Careful investigation proves that ‘the God of peace equips them with every good thing to do his will.’—Hebrews 13:20, 21

1/15/2001 wt

I thought we were Jesus' servants!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit