I stress a lot, do you?

by free2beme 14 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

I am a heavy heavy stresser and think about the most small of concerns. I sometimes sit at night not sleeping, because the price of gas is going up or worrying if my work will be there next year. Always worried about if the bills will be paid and if the gas is on to long, and if we need to think about our diet more. I have noticed the older I get, the worse it gets and I laugh at myself at times. Anyone else ever look at the way they think, and see that they stress to much. I sometimes need to just stop it, but I am very protective of my life and feel that the only way to keep it that way is to watch the details closely. So I stress!! Anyone else stress a lot?

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Sounds like you need some professional mental help. OCD (Obsessive / Compulsive Disorder) does have treatments. Also so does runaway anxiety.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

when there are ploitical threads and apologist yes

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Hello freetobeme

I used to be a bit like that - a bit of a worry wart from time to time. But then I took up smoking and it all stopped - sort of. I think I just replaced one problem for another. I see there's a thread about giving up smoking so maybe I should go and pay that thread a visit.

Don't worry too much, especially about things that are out of your control - like the price of gas. If you stress to much you'll get frown lines on your forehead.

~Beck~

• free2beme
    free2beme

I admit to being a little compulsive at times, but I think I am more stubborn at times. I like to have control of things and when things are out of my control, it kind of irritates me. I know it sounds weird, but I enjoy being in control and the leader in situations. When I am not in control, I often find people's lack of organization annoying. People seem to go through life without any plan at all and I have a plan for how I want things and have found it helps me to acheive my goals. Stress just tends to go hand and hand with that kind of personality. By the way, the medical world has treatment and drugs for everything. I happen to like that I keep my mind active thinking. I also do not smoke or drink.

• prophecor
  • tall penguin
    tall penguin

I used to stress a lot over the details. Still do at times. Until I realized that the control I wanted was an illusion. There are very few things in this life that we can directly control. And so many of the things you mentionned as stressing you are in that category.
    It may sound cliche but there is wisdom in the "serenity prayer" which I'm learning to integrate into my philosophy each day:
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
    I also found the book "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" by Richard Carlson to be a good read. Quite simplistic but useful nonetheless.
    In the words of the little green Jedi Master, Yoda:
    "Train yourself to let go of all that you fear to lose."
    Hugs to you,
    tall penguin

• oldflame
    oldflame

I'm just too busy to have to deal with stress....

• lola28
    lola28

Sometimes yes, mostly I stress about work, but I try not to. Stressing out is not going to help me any,so I just try to fix whatever is wrong and move on.

lola

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Free, the more you post the more I think you need help. This isn't meant in a mean way, I'm quite serious. You being in control of your life is an illusion. Maybe a common illusion, but an illusion none the less. I'm afraid if you don't take it upon yourself to curb this vice, life will deal you a lesson that you may well find painful.

Trying to control the world is not living in harmony with the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit