Has the WTS ever sued a "brother" or any baptised Witness?

by Shawn10538 25 Replies latest jw friends

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Welcome to the board Shawn! ......I am quite enjoying your dialogue..since I happen to agree. There is no difference in any of the religions that you mentioned and the JW's - I have always said that if the watchtower primed their followers for a year solid to meet at the KH at a specific date and time with an assurance of armaggedon, and then passed out the koolaid, then the Jim Jones tragedy would be like watching a cartoon before a horror movie. sammieswife.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

I take it that Eduardo is still a happy Witness?

• LDH
    LDH

I think I'm in love.

Welcome Shawn!

First of all, according to every cult expert, exit counselor or any professional who regularly deals with destructive mind control cults: Jehovah's Witnesses are a cult. It's a universally accepted fact by everyone except for the members of the cult itself. If you are a JW, then of course you are not going to say that you are in a cult. What cult member ever admitted to being in a cult? None. No cult member ever thinks they are in a cult. That is part of what makes them a cult member is that they do not have an objective view of themselves. If they did, then they would leave

outstanding.....

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

welcome shawn; there is a few threads on this site about a bethelite doctor . that sued the wt for workman comp. and won in court . i'm sure someone here will post a link. it can be done. iv'e enjoyed your posts so far. maybe tell us more about bethel . i had a few arguements with some jw's about the wt. retirement plan and health care. they just don't get it. i wouldn't waste to much time with eduardo. i get the feeling he's a wt lawyer. he's always kissing the wt ass. john

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

getting back to the orginal point, I am not qualified to comment as to the stinginess orotherwise of the Bethel , in these matters . I would only say that in any construction job of which I had knowlege, the Society said we should take insurance to compensate, in case of injury.

The WT did print, in 1973, p703

There may even be times when Christian brothers conscientiously feel that they could go to court with fellow believers. This might be to obtain compensation from an insurance company. In some countries the law may specify that certain matters have to be handled in a court,

• RachelHall
    RachelHall

The WTS is GREEDY without a doubt....I realized that long before I left the Borg....They have different scams going on with the naive JW members 24/7. In our KH the promise was a new KH and so we rasied money for the new KH....Well it turned out the Borg needed the money for preaching work and missionaries in Africa so the Overseerer at the time just handed over the KH money to the Borg. It was then I knew this religion was a CULT and SCAM.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit