Great quote from C.S. Lewis

by Shining One 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Shining One
    Shining One

Hi KidA
    I don't think that you believe C.S. Lewis was a 'dim-wit'. You just can't deal with his argument.
    Rex

• Shining One
    Shining One

>Ironically, I suspect that most Christians don't actually get what he had to say. They smile and nod where they agree, but a whole pile of his comments go over their head.

L.T.,
    Lewis writes as a layman and not a theologian as you probably know. He doesn't much take part in doctrinal concerns: he writes of the things that orthodoxy of all stripes have in common. He very much stays neutral in those matters, yet his love of God and relationship to our Lord shows through.
    On a related subject, do you think that many here realize that quite a lot of scientists believe in God (particularly of a Christian persuasion) and that the great majority of the scientists over the ages have been Christians? I believe that some of the more open minded unbelievers would greatly benefit from reading Lewis (among others).
    There are plenty of very intelligent people who believe in God and it's NOT because they 'need some emotional crutch', that assertion is mostly hogwash.
    Rex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit