Who is Harry Weaver? (Circuit Overseer)

by truthseeker 8 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Anyone know Harry Weaver, a CO? My friend had him last week and said he was a real hardliner. He has served in Bethel for some time.

• Gideon
    Gideon

Hi Truthseeker,

As you can see by my numbers I am not big on posting, however I had to respond to your inquiry about Harry Weaver.

If this is the same Harry Weaver who is an older gentleman and bald on top. He served in the Columbus, Ohio area back in the mid 90's.

I have him to thank for playing a part in my exiting the WTS.

You see Harry and I was out knocking on doors one day when a houselholder verbally attack us and call us Russellities.

Yes, Harry is a hardliner from the "oldschool" so I though for sure he would put this lady in her place.

At the time I was a newly appointed elder who he insisted on working with that Saturday, even though I had expressed plans of working with

my wife and children.

Well as it turn out it was Harry's turn to take a door when the lady verbally challenged the two of us, and I was quite certain that Harry was

going to show this "young elder" how to skillfully use his "sword" to put this lady in here place.

Much to my amazement his only response was to throw his hand up as to signal "STOP" and turned and walked away and left me on the

stairs with my mouth laying on the ground in absolute astonishment.

I never forgot that (FS) experience.

I finally figured it out when I left in 2001.

Rob

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Gideon, thanks for the reply. Positive match, he is an old bald dude. (No disrespect intended)

My friend heard him give a talk at the Assembly recently, said he came across as tough on issues, Divine Education is better than worldly education.

I can't remember if my friend said he was married or not.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

When he came to our hall back in the 80's, he was married. My bro used to call him Harry "basket" Weaver.

• Gideon
    Gideon

Truthseeker,

Harry seems to be as hypocritical as most jdubs in authority postion. The statement atributed to him "My friend heard him give a talk at the Assembly recently, said he came across as tough on issues, Divine Education is better than worldly education." Is very indicative of what they say to the "RF" while behind close doors they envy those with secular education. I recall one elders meeting concerning reorganization of a new boe and he emphazied that one of the new elders coming to the congo was an "Educated Man" and he should be used accordingly by the body.

I would bet his toupe (if he had one to bet) that he was not refering to divine ed.

• JAVA
    JAVA
    He served in the Columbus, Ohio area back in the mid 90's.

Gideon -- Do you know if James Baldwin is still in the Columbus area? We were both elders when he lived in Dayton, and I have a hunch he'll stay with it until he dies (while waiting for the big A).

• Gideon
    Gideon

Hi Java,

I met James Baldwin a few times when he was in feeling out the congo I was serving in, before my family and I made our "flee to the mountain top". As I recollect he and his family ended up at a congo on the Northside of Columbus. I still have family that are jdubs in the Dayton area.

If I am not mistaken their hall is off of Gettysburg Ave.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

He is a CO in his early 70's, married, thin, balding up top. Supposedly been in the full time service for 50 yrs and was at Bethel for a short time in the late 50's or early 60's I beleive. Seems fairly laid back on certain things but hardline on others.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts
    My friend heard him give a talk at the Assembly recently, said he came across as tough on issues, Divine Education is better than worldly education."

the assemblies are so scripted now , i'm sure the same talk , same message went out at all assemblies..its the WTBS that is the hardliner..he's probably just a regular loyal company man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit