My question of the day...

by DavidChristopher 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

If Jehovah brings a new plan to light, a new idea...Does that make Him a different God, or the Same God with a new plan?

If I start doing things different, does that make me a different person, or the same person with different ways of doing things.. I still have all my past experiences in my memory don't I? So what I am saying is does becoming "wiser", or growing up, make you someone different?

Any thoughts?

Your Little Brother,

David

• Dansk
    Dansk

David:

I don't think you needed to bring Jehovah into this as your question could well have been:

So what I am saying is does becoming "wiser", or growing up, make you someone different?

The answer is, one is not exactly the same, nor different, either! Obviously one is the same person biologically - i.e. from child to adult - but we definitely change our thinking. I like to think I am a lot more wise these days! I'm still "me", but my outlook has changed!

Ian

• daystar
    daystar

Why would Jehovah, the Alpha and the Omega, have a need to become "wiser" or to "grow up"?

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Why would Jehovah, the Alpha and the Omega, have a need to become "wiser" or to "grow up"?

He doesn't. The Witchtower Babble and Trick Sycopaths have it all convoluted to keep the JW's decieved, dazed and confused.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Was there a time when Jehovah wasn't potty trained?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

You've nailed one of the logical problems of monotheism. A god can change. "God" cannot.

All definitions of "God" are mutually exclusive.

• mdb
    mdb

Changing a plan is not at all the same as changing a doctrine or a truth, and receiving "new light", as the WTS uses the phrase to excuse their mistakes, false prophecies and other blunders, doesn't cut it.

The originally posted question sounds more like a defending statement in favour of the Watchtower. God is unchanging. He may change his mind on one thing or another, but His Word, the truth, never changes and the WTS distorts the truth and prophesies falsely.

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
    1 Jn 4:1

when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the thing does not happen or come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously; you shall not be afraid of him.
    Deut 18:22

The WTS is not of God.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I see it this way:

1 Corinthians 13:12NIV Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

So as we progress, God's will is progressively revealed to us. But as Narkissos points out, God would not change. And such a God wouldn't "change his mind", back and forth. The Watchtower's society wavering policies (scream, don't scream), (no transplants, translpants OK) would not qualify as coming from God.

I am fascinated with the Jewish interpretation of God's promises. The good ones surely come to pass and are never late. The warnings can be delayed - indefinitely - by our response. Think Ninevah and their response to Jonah's message. I am reminded of an annoyed parent that threatens dire warnings to a teenager, but only follows up if the teenager ignores the warning.

• jojochan
    jojochan

That's interesting that the society always stressed that God's chariot is always moving forward, in all different directions. Which implied that he changed, at a drop of a dime, which bothered me. But then they add that the "faithful slave" isn't perfect, but IS the mouthpeice of God. None of those that are in inside take note of that; which is in fact scary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit