Most Embarassing Comment at the KH

by Ustabee 11 Replies latest jw friends

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

I was a very outspoken kid (now I'm an outspoken adult) and I used to answer my own answers, my mother would cringe every time I would raise my hand, but she never suppressed my desire to learn and participate. When I was about 6 or 7 we were going over a lesson about modesty and I made a comment that "the sisters should be careful not to wear clothes that showed their breasts." The whole hall died of laughing, but I didn't think it was funny, I always got so sick and tired of the women bending over to say hi to me (mind you I am short so I was really short as a little kid) and me getting a peep show.

Later one of the brothers told my dad he was glad I answered that because none of the elders could have said anything like that! To this day I have people say they remembered that comment about boobs I made as a kid...

• Makena
    Makena

I started playing piano at the KH when I was 9. (Hey my dad was PO, and also conducted the circuit orchestra = nepotism?)
    Many years later, still playing Kingdom songs, but took a temporary job driving a truck which involved clocking in at 3AM, which meant getting up at midnight to do my janitorial work etc.
    Long story short - decided to take a power nap during the written review. Big mistake -fell into a sound sleep, had to be literally shaken and helped to walk down the aisle to play the song for the service meeting.
    Needless to say, I missed more notes during that song than in my entire career.
    Got a regular shift job as soon as I could after that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit