How the irrational argue

by Vormek2.8 16 Replies latest jw friends

• lucifer
    lucifer

LOL ip

• crankytoe
    crankytoe

is there a group name for people like me who don't want nobody steppin on their lawn?

I mean we need to do something about all these other groups protestin up and down my street and always steppin on my lawn!

I need my voice to be heard,

Crank,

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

One can find such inane styles of poor arguments on both sides of the political spectrum, between both sexes, different races, etc. Rather than try and illustrate your point using an idiot conservative vs an oh-so-good liberal, why not just expose the flawed argumentation as a stand-alone issue? This way, people on all sides can more easily see the issue without clouding it up with a stereotypical partisan flavor.

Side notes for some trivia humor: The United States does not have 50 states. It has 46 States and 4 Commonwealths. The Commonwealths are: Virginia, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, and Massachusetts Their individual constitutions and titles make them Commonwealths. They were admitted to the UNion as Commonwealths and not as States. They are given equal status with the 46 states, that is why most people think of them as States.

For example: Puerto Rico is also a Commonwealth, but is the only Commonwealth that is not admitted to the Union. Puerto Rico was made a Possession in 1900, a Territory in 1902, and a Commonwealth in 1950.

The rest of US holdings are either Territories or Possessions. For example, Guam was a Possession taken from the Spanish after the Spanish-American War in 1898, then finally purchased from Spain. It was retaken from the Japanese after WWII, and was administered by the Navy. It was not made a self-governing Territory until 1949.

Jim W.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I've seen arguments like this with roles reversed. Both sides can be pretty blind at times. agreed jeanniebeanz USA needs minimum 3 parties to give more choice

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Stillajwexelder,

I agree. But we do have many political parties, and once in a while one of them wins, such as Jesse Ventura did as a Reform Party candidate when he was elected Governor of Minnesota. What we need if for a third party to become large and strong. The US started out with many parties and eventually settled down to two major parties. The strongest third party I ever witnessed was the American Independant, when George Wallace won several southern states in his bid for the Presidency. The Reform party almost made some headway. But, where we need it most is in Congress, especially the House.

Jim W.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

It would be nice to have more choices. I'd like to see someone come in and win a key role in government based upon his standing on the issues not his connections to other corrupt politicians and world leaders.

J

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

That article was funny!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit