Why Goatlike Ones Fail to Inherit the Kingdom

by Rooster 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rooster
    Rooster

WHAT disposition, however, is to be made of those people of "all the nations" who are likened to "goats" and who are separated to the King’s left hand? Jesus continues on in his parable of the sheep and the goats to say: "Then he will say, in turn, to those on his left, ‘Be on your way from me, you who have been cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his angels. For I became hungry, but you gave me nothing to eat, and I got thirsty, but you gave me nothing to drink. I was a stranger, but you did not receive me hospitably; naked, but you did not clothe me; sick and in prison, but you did not look after me.’"—Matthew 25:41-43.

6 The goatlike people might try to defend themselves and say that if they had seen Jesus Christ himself in person in such needy straits as he describes, they would have come to his help. Such an attempted defense is implied in their response to the King. "Then they also will answer with the words, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison and did not minister to you?’"—Matthew 25:44.

12 Oh, yes, the goatlike self-excusers may call the King Jesus Christ "Lord," but that is just a hypocritical form of address on their part. If they had really appreciated him as their "Lord," they would not have refused to lend any assistance to his spiritual "brothers," not even to the lowliest one of these "brothers." These "brothers" did not go around incognito like spies or like those who are trying to pull a fast trick at the expense of the people. Particularly since the end of World War I in 1918 and their resuming of public activities in the year 1919, the remnant of Christ’s spiritual brothers have been obeying his prophetic command: "This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14) They have publicized Christ’s invisible presence or parousia in his established heavenly kingdom. Especially since the year 1926 they have been making known the name of the heavenly Father of the King Jesus Christ, even going to the extent of embracing the name "Jehovah’s witnesses" in the year 1931. So there has been no excuse for mistaking who they are.

Even going beyond what is written by shedding the name Christian and adopting a new name one that is better then just being identified as a Christian. Yes when Jesus returns again for the tenth time He will only recognize the WTBTS as those closely adhering to His commandments!

• amen
    amen

Even going beyond what is written ;by shedding the name Christian and adopting a new name one that is better then just being identified as a Christian

This is an organization's interpretation not Jesus nor the bible.

• daystar
    daystar
    even going to the extent of embracing the name "Jehovah’s witnesses" in the year 1931. So there has been no excuse for mistaking who they are.

While it is true that there is power in a name. Naming ones' self something alone does not make it so. By their fruit shall they be known, not by their name.

• metatron
    metatron

Let all you 'loyal' lurkers take note of the mistake in the Watchtower's twisted interpretation of this parable about charity.

Christ's brothers are strangers to both the sheep and the goats. That's the critical point that the whole parable hangs on.

The identity of these 'brothers' is unknown, unrecognized to both good and bad people. The Society's whole interpretation fails

on this point.

metatron

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

The JW's are in for a major shock when they find out @ the end that the brothers of Christ are not of their organization..but of "every tribe nation and tongue". They will have to all be recessitated. They are so sure of themselves. I was in there for 26 years..so I know. I felt I was annointed 5 years ago, they all about laughed in my face. Even 2 elders at 2 separate times said I wasn't. I wasn't old or enough of a conformist for them in my dress, etc. I will like to see the look on some of their faces when they find out who the brothers of Christ are!!! What a hoot that will be!!!!

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

But after that it will be a very sad day..when Jehovah brings the haughty ones to their knees.....

• metatron
    metatron

The second flaw in the Watchtower's interpretation is that the parable is simply advising charity, not slavish obedience

to a group of self exalted men. The sheep offer food, shelter, medical care - not hours spent in preaching nor any sense

of obedience to a group of 'higher rank'. The 'brothers' are strangers in the parable so that Jesus' followers would tell themselves

" you better be nice because you never know".

metatron

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    the parable is simply advising charity

It might not be as simple as that: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/104861/1.ashx

The 'brothers' are strangers in the parable so that Jesus' followers would tell themselves "you better be nice because you never know".

The logical problems of this text are about endless, mostly because it is half a parable and half a depiction of a (supposedly) future event, the so-called "Final Judgement". The features of "ignorance" and "surprise" (from both "sheep" and "goats") are aporetic regardless of interpretation (for instance, whether the "brothers" are all needy persons or the itinerant disciples), since nobody is supposed to have heard/read the parable in the first place.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

I like what Star said.....

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I just read this verse again from up above..... For I became hungry, but you gave me nothing to eat, and I got thirsty, but you gave me nothing to drink. I was a stranger, but you did not receive me hospitably; naked, but you did not clothe me; sick and in prison, but you did not look after me It occurred to me that people who are spiritually hungry or thirsty or naked or sick or imprisoned, aren't helped out by the wtbts either - they're still spiritually hungry, and thirsty, and exposed, quite sick - and imprisoned. People talk of their absence of actual charities, and receive the reply of "we give spiritual help " - but that's not actually the case if you can't spiritually cook or sew or even fetch water.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit