George Orwell's "1984" and the WTBTS

by NYCkid 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Twitch
    Twitch

Good book; some rather obvious parallels to life in the org. Animal Farm as well but more of a satirical take on politics in general.

• dmouse
    dmouse

“Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them.”
    ? George Orwell , 1984

I.E.

Ask a JW ' Do you believe that God will kill all non JWS at Armageddon?

Then say:

So I'm a good person whith the right heart condition, God will not kill me at Armageddon, I don't need to be a JW.

Compare and contrast the answers :-)

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

So I'm a good person whith the right heart condition, God will not kill me at Armageddon, I don't need to be a JW.

A tactful Witness would not want to argue the point with you, but a JW knows that ultimately, your heart condition is evident by how you respond to the Good News TM as presented by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, Inc. You can be the nicest person in the world, but your true colors are obvious if you reject the Kindom Message. After all, one could reason that there were good people during the time of Noah ... but they didn't accept Noah's message, therefore they didn't get a ticket to ride the ark.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

(marked)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit