Would you create a chessboard to look at, or play with?

by DavidChristopher 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Wouldn't it be nessesary to have a worthy adversary to get the most out of the chessboard you made?

Is that why there are two "deaths"? So the serpent and our Father could both be "right"?

I still say there is nothing wrong with "wanting to be like God". What???? Should I want to be like a FROG?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

he he, good one david.

and i agree. nothing wrong with being a god. good times.

TS

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Good....when we are all gods together, instead of over one another.

That popped in my head today out of the blue.

Your little brother,

David

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I find that thought provoking since unwittingly i've taken to collecting chessboards. My first is a nice marble set I got in mexicothe most recent is one that Has shot glasses as the chessmen, when you take a peice you take a shot. The problem as you stated is having a worthy opponent to play with. I now find I play with one peice and keep taking it over and over.

• Clam
    Clam

Good one.

All gods are equal but some are more equal that others.

I love chess - is there a Society Chess Set?

Pawns could be window cleaners

Bishops could be COs

Rooks could be elders

Knights could be Bethelites

King could be an effigy of Charles Taze

etc.

I'd buy one !

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

lol,

the queen could be jehovah...

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

That sounds cool Darth, If me and you played, I guess the one who could hold their liquoer the best would win. I bought my grandfather a marble chess set in Cozemel a few years ago. I really like the game too, but I have been beat quite a bit. I think about 3-4 moves ahead I think. I also like the "trap" too, just to get you to move where I want I will sacrifice a piece, and I love my knights too.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    the queen could be jehovah...

Dude, this is a WATCHTOWER chess set. Jehovah would be a pawn...

Dave

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Played and looked at. I made a marble chess board and practiced different glazing and firing methods to match the marble. I'm currently getting ready to fire more sets-just the pieces-with some cool crystal glazes that run and ooze when fired. Too tacky? Nah.

As for "Dog" making a game to look at and not play? Sure, but only in a belief system written by desert goat herders who were bent on controling their material possesions, they and their god hate to loose and it shows.

Me, I tend to learn more when I am beaten than when I win.

• Flash
    Flash
    I still say there is nothing wrong with "wanting to be like God". What???? Should I want to be like a FROG?

We should want to be "like" God except we need to learn to do it "lawfully" and not try to steal it...His Son is like Him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit