not posting so much lately

by ballistic 28 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

Hi

I haven't been posting so much recently, but it's not because I've had enough of you all. Actually it's for a good reason.

My firm enrolled me on a home study course in a field similar to my current career but slightly more advanced.

Ironically, several weeks after me enrolling on the course, they announced my department is being outsourced to India and we are all to loose our jobs at the end of March.

Strangely enough, I'm not too worried about that, it's happened to me 3 times before with the same firm and I always found something else. In fact, I might not even bother. I am financially secure for the first time in my life and could quite easily take a few years off if I feel like it.

But the course... that is a different matter.

The course means a lot to me, and I've ditched all the online gaming, and the weekend heavy drinking I'm always rambling on about, and have been doing this course 6 or 7 nights a week. I don't know why it means so much to me, perhaps previous failures at finishing similar things, but now I'm determined to see it through.

I really do feel pretty good... about everything.

All the best.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    My firm enrolled me on a home study course in a field similar to my current career but slightly more advanced.

Ironically, several weeks after me enrolling on the course, they announced my department is being outsourced to India and we are all to loose our jobs at the end of March.

The course means a lot to me, and I've ditched all the online gaming, and the weekend heavy drinking I'm always rambling on about, and have been doing this course 6 or 7 nights a week. I don't know why it means so much to me, perhaps previous failures at finishing similar things, but now I'm determined to see it through.

Ball, I hope you get to finish the course. That would be dirty if they don't let you finish, after they gave it to you. Not that we don't miss ya here, but it sounds like something that could come in handy down the road a piece.

Hope everything works out, Ball!

Frannie

• mark hughes
    mark hughes

Hi ballistic I hope its worth it!! I'm sure it will be in the long run. If you have a relapse and fancy one of your booze filled weekends again you know I'm not too far away!

• ballistic
    ballistic
    That would be dirty if they don't let you finish

Oh, don't worry, it's all paid for including the exams. And I am committed to finishing it.

fancy one of your booze filled weekends

You can count on it. When I'm done, I will have all the time in the world.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Ummm so is Congrats in order!

If so .....

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi ballistic,

I just finished up some coursework and got certification. I feel a great sense of accomplishment. You will too! We'll save you a spot here.

• Es
    Es

Hope everything works out for you

all the best

es

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Hope all works out for you Ballistic - is it Open University?

• delilah
    delilah

I am financially secure for the first time in my life and could quite easily take a few years off if I feel like it.

Damn, and I'm married... Seriously, Ballistic, I hope it works out for you. If you can afford the time off, TAKE IT MAN! Do some travelling, or whatever your heart desires.....lucky duck

• LDH
    LDH

Regards to ya, old timer!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit