need a 'loving quote'

by carla 10 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

I am search of a 'loving quote'. It need not be biblical. Hopefully something that shows we still love our loved ones still held captive, or love, unconditional at any rate. Basically something loving that is somewhat the opposite of jw mindset. does anyone catch my drift? thanks ever so much for any help, carla

• prophecor
    prophecor

Although we no longer see eye to eye

My love for you will never die

If ever you find it's still within your heart

Love once that was lost

I'll return without cost -anonymously me-

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Carla are these any good?

It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons. ~Johann Schiller
    The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck
    You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. ~Desmond Tutu
    An ounce of blood is worth more than a pound of friendship. ~Spanish Proverb
    Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one. ~Jane Howard
    The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works is the family. ~Lee Iacocca
    The family is one of nature's masterpieces. ~George Santayana, The Life of Reason
    We cannot destroy kindred: our chains stretch a little sometimes, but they never break. ~Marquise de Sévigné
  • alamb
    alamb

(dark, but the sentiment is there)

And the swallowing blackness

from which I drag my soul

is now clutching for my children

and I see them disappear

and I see their faces

the faces they hide behind as they knock on the doors,

and memorize those words.

Good news of terror and death and hate.

And I dare not lose their stares as they sink

for it is the last hold

And if I blink, they will be gone

and they will forget I exist

and who they are.

So I look in those faces

and open my heart to send the love they felt

when they lived under my heart.

and hope they never forget.

• carla
    carla

Aw, thanks so much already guys! for those that are not 'cited' , did you write them? At any rate whichever one(s) I choose, know that it is for a good cause. And will be read by those I love and is needed. Part of an antiwitness letter that is needed before somebody tries to recruit family members. Thanks ever so much, carla

• Legolas
    Legolas

Anonymous

When I want for you what I want for you, then I am loving myself through you; When I want for you what you want for you, then I am loving you unconditionally

Elisabeth Kubler-Ross.

The ultimate lesson all of us have to learn is unconditional love, which includes not only others but ourselves as well.

Andrew Matthews

How do you love people? Just accept them. Complete acceptance is unconditional love.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Real love begins where nothing is expected in return.

• Mary
    Mary

If I speak in front of thousands at the meetings and assemblies, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

If I have the gift of prophecy and can recite all the man-made rules that the Governing Body has imposed, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

If I give all I possess to the Organization and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

"To me, saying I love you means that I have a powerful, heartfelt desire to see your best interests served. So what is another person's best interests? Ultimately, the most basic longing of all people is to have as much control of their world as possible. So when I say I love you, I mean on many levels, that I want you to be in control over your life. As much as possible, I want you to be able to control your destiny without any interference from even your own flaws and weaknesses, and especially from the flaws and weaknesses of others."

I told my wife something like this once. Some folks liked it. It doesn't really sing. But It is particularly fitting when talking to a cult member methinks.

CYP

• Will Power
    Will Power

One I read here....

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind!
    Dr. Seuss

• Scully
    Scully

"The heart is not reached by hurling angry words at the mind." ~ Anonymous

"Too long a sacrifice/Can make a stone of the heart." ~ William Butler Yeats, 1916

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit