The Jensen Letters

by IT Support 20 Replies latest watchtower medical

• IT Support
    IT Support

The Jensen Letters is the name given to a series of letters between an elder in the United States and the Watchtower Society, over the period 1998 to 2003, and neatly illustrate the plight of thinking Jehovah's Witnesses trying to make sense of the Society's blood policy.

They are remarkable in terms of both the incisive questions asked about critical aspects of the blood policy and the Society's incompetent attempts at 'spin' and sidestepping awkward issues. Even more remarkably, they conclude with the writer's letter of resignation as an elder!

One of my favorite Watchtower quotes is at the end of their reply to Brother Jensen's third letter:

[When making presentations to doctors, HLC brothers] often find it suffices to say that while individuals may not see the logic of a particular position or agree with our reasoning, we ask that they respect our religious position on this matter... This almost invariably absorbs any implicit demand that we explain what appear to be inconsistencies...

In other words, if a doctor points out the logical flaws or inconsistencies in the Society's policy, the HLC brothers are instructed to simply tell them to respect "our religious position on this matter," and the doctors almost invariably back off. Obviously the doctors have more respect for Jehovah's Witnesses than the Society has for them...

The Jensen Letters are long, but well worth the time to read them carefully. Get them from www.JWTruth.com/articles/BloodJensenLetters.aspx.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Obviously the doctors have more respect for Jehovah's Witnesses than the Society has for them...

Thi$ i$ an unfair $ummary. The $ociety ha$ only the pure$t of motive$. The $tupid and falaciou$ claim that a fear of law$uit$ underlie$ their behavior i$ $imply $illy.

I $incerely hope thi$ put$ $uch talk to re$t.

Dave of "Their bigge$t blood worry $hould be internal hemmoraging" cla$$

• IT Support
    IT Support

<lol>

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

LMAO at Dave.

This is a matter you have obviously given much thought to...However it seems it would be appropriate at this time to let the matter rest.
    Translation - You're right, we're wrong, we screwed up but we can't let anyone know it because it would make us look stupid. So what if hundreds of innocent children die? What's important is that we look good to the rank and file.

Watchtower Society = Evil, Lying Murderers Omg, I've never had so much trouble trying to post something in all my life.

• sir82
    sir82

After the June 1 or 15 (can't remember which) 2004 Watchtower which further (chortle) "clarified" the blood fraction issue, I wrote to the Society asking several similar (albeit less eloquently stated, and with far less detail) questions regarding the distinction between "minor" and "major" blood fractions.

I received no reply whatsoever.

I wonder if the Society's policy is now to just ignore letters regarding blood, if they happen to point out inconsistencies? If so, it could well be due to this series of letters. Thet must be thoroughly embarrassed that their incompetence is on disply on the web, and perhaps have decided, as a matter of policy, to at least not add more fuel to the apostate fire.

• deeskis
    deeskis

Very interesting. wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall when those letters were opened........

I like the style of JWtruths site, and look forward to seeing more thought provoking material listed there. I've marked it in my favourites along with JWfacts.

Thanks IT, keep on bringing these to us.

D

• moshe
    moshe

My wife wrote to the society ( 1988) about how to deal with her apostate husband and his willingness to OK a blood transfusion for the children. I found the reply in the back of a desk file and was not happy with the answer- in short get a divorce. Anyway, I called up Ray Franz and he matched up the letter writer's code in the corner with his name. I called Bethel service desk and asked to speak to brother so and so. I told him I knew he wrote the letter to my wife and that if anymore letters came from them that hurt my scriptual standing as husband I would pay him a personal visit. Three months later I needed to call him again- another letter. When I called the desk they told me he had just died unexpectedly that week.
    I had a good alibi.
    peace,
    Moshe

• Farkel
    Farkel

I've met the "Jensen" in the Jensen letters. In fact, we dined together. In another fact, he gave me 20 bucks so I could get back home after our meeting. That was about 4 years ago. He was working very closely with another mutual friend of ours at NYC Bethel on this matter. They were both passionate on the blood issue (as well they should be). I was priveleged to read their research on this sticky WT problem before it became known to the world.

I did other stuff on this, but I am not in a position to reveal it. I love and trust my friends. (Even if they ARE dubs!)

Farkel

• LDH
    LDH

LMAO @ Dave.

• LDH
    LDH

Why am I picturing Daffy Duck here?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit