How very humbling....

by EC 10 Replies latest jw friends

• EC
    EC

I was never one to judge people. Most of the time I felt so sorry for ones. However, looking back now, I remember times, especially in school where someone might have been really mean to me and I would think in my head "Well, atleast I'm not goin to die!" What an awful, selfish and completely unchristlike feeling. I am feeling rather humbled lately to go from being a person that had all the answers and all the right ones at that!......to depending on ones we used to condemn for direction. A prideful person could never go through this experience and come out a better person.You definatly have to swallow a lot of pride and "eat a lot of crow" as they say....

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

so true - welcome to the board EC BTW

• garybuss
    garybuss

Imagine how the apostle Paul must have felt when the little dog Toto pulled back the curtain and the Wizard was exposed.

• anewme
    anewme

Life and living has a way of humbling us. "Pride is before the crash"

• onesong
    onesong

Don't beat yourself up. The fact that you're willing to admit you were wrong is a huge step in personal growth. Only the ignorant and immature think they have all the answers.

Every important scientific discovery(really any dicovery) has come from someone assuming that they or everyone else was wrong.

An important piece of advice I learned after leaving the Org.--never cling to beliefs, they'll get you stuck...instead have great ideas.

Welcome EC!

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

EC,

A prideful person could never go through this experience and come out a better person.

In time you will find out you have a chance to become someone you will like.

I would think in my head "Well, at least I'm not goin to die!"

And you were encouraged to think that way. That is the only reason to preach the Good News to people, because if they don't listen they're all going to die. Isn't that wonderful news? Don't worry overmuch about what came before. Paul said God overlooks times of ignorance.

Acts 17:22-31 — “Men of Athens, I behold that in all things YOU seem to be more given to the fear of the deities than others are. 23 For instance, while passing along and carefully observing YOUR objects of veneration I also found an altar on which had been inscribed ‘To an Unknown God.’ Therefore what YOU are unknowingly giving godly devotion to, this I am publishing to YOU. 24 The God that made the world and all the things in it, being, as this One is, Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in handmade temples, 25 neither is he attended to by human hands as if he needed anything, because he himself gives to all [persons] life and breath and all things. 26 And he made out of one [man] every nation of men, to dwell upon the entire surface of the earth, and he decreed the appointed times and the set limits of the dwelling of [men], 27 for them to seek God, if they might grope for him and really find him, although, in fact, he is not far off from each one of us. 28 For by him we have life and move and exist, even as certain ones of the poets among YOU have said, ‘For we are also his progeny.’
    29 “Seeing, therefore, that we are the progeny of God, we ought not to imagine that the Divine Being is like gold or silver or stone, like something sculptured by the art and contrivance of man. 30 True, God has overlooked the times of such ignorance, yet now he is telling mankind that they should all everywhere repent. 31 Because he has set a day in which he purposes to judge the inhabited earth in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed, and he has furnished a guarantee to all men in that he has resurrected him from the dead.”

I hope you find this helpful.

alt

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Humility is cool. I hope you won't be too hard on yourself though.

• mark hughes
    mark hughes

Hi ec, what you are thinking and feeling now is what I and a lot of other people here, I'm sure, have thought and felt ourselves. It doesn't make you a bad person. You have turned a corner and in your own text it can be seen how modest you are about yourself, so it all gets better now.

WELCOME!

• EC
    EC

I always appreciate everyone's comments.....thanks you all for your welcomes!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Imagine how the apostle Paul must have felt when the little dog Toto pulled back the curtain and the Wizard was exposed.

ROFL, Gary!

Yah, EC, don't beat yourself up over it. We're glad you're here and not lost anymore.

Frannie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit