Muslim stampede - religion strikes again!

by Crumpet 20 Replies latest social current

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

One would think the Saudis would have done something about it by now -there seems to be deaths each year. Mind you Islam takes a different view of death than other religions etc. - especially if people die on pilgramage, martyrdom, Jihad etc. I am not suggesting it is a deliberate policy to do nothing to improve the situation, but one in which there is little incentive to do anything

• glitter
    glitter

345 pilgrims dead now, according to Saudi government.

*Shakes head* :(

Bonkers.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Death.

Just to throw a rock.

And they call Westerners uncivilized animals and infidels? There's some serious CD (cognitive dissonance) going on here.

CG

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

So sad that this happens almost every year, there's just so many there that it's ineveitable I guess.

U74/Spectrum - Yes, a Muslim would consider Hajj the best place to die as this is where they get all their recorded sins in life forgiven = if you die there you go straight to the highest heaven - that's why many leave it till as late as possible in life to make the pilgrimage. (Discouraged because you don't always know when you're going to die anyway)

As for a secret desire to die there deliberately, a correct Islamic view of this would be that it is forbidden as Islam teaches you to take good care of the body which Allah has given you (take note,suicide bombers!). Also, to desire deliberate death there would be against the 'intention' of Hajj and so invalidate your entire pilgrimage.

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Sad emo,

So basically their attitude is I'm not going to go there to die but if my lottery comes up, so be it, I'll be going to the highest heaven anyway so it's all good.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Hi spectrum - yup, that's about it! They only die by the will of Allah so to die there is in a way to receive the greatest blessing from him.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Give them all Darwin awards. There's no shortage of Muslim fanatics to replace them anyway.

• Clam
    Clam

Muslims killed in stampede during ritual stoning of devil at Hajj pilgrimage

I bet the Devil's having a great laugh over this. This event is becoming like a middle eastern version of the Pamplona bull run. Yet another example of barmy religious extremism.

• Jourles
    Jourles

So is this the reason why the WTS uses so many damn attendants covering every facet of the assemblies?

Well, their idea of crowd "control" is a little different than what your ordinary person might think of....

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I think its utterly bloody STUPID! There are up to 3 million people going there now because of trains planes and automobiles, where there used to be a few thousand before the world became a global village.

So now millions of moslems are still acting like they are in the 19th century, and its just not possible to have that sheer amount of people in one place safely. The Saudis do do lots in terms of crowd control but its never going to be enough.

Enormous crowds are UNSAFE. Full Stop. It makes me angry, acting like sheep in the name of religion, and endangering their very lives. NO. Not even sheep would be that stupid and CRAM themselves into a field so much that they actually died.

In my opinion all HUGE crowds are stupid and unsafe, and this is the mother of large crowds.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit