Jehovah's Witnesses

by Honesty 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• garybuss
    garybuss

I just asked my wife and she said she spoke to disfellowshipped Witnesses. I did too. I hung out and drank beer with em and I never got disfellowshipped. The only time I snubbed a disfellowshipped Witnesses was when I was with other Witnesses, like at a meeting. I only remember one time at that. Likely there were more. In the 50's we didn't have any disfellowshipped Witnesses here. We had like one in the 60's and he moved to Minneapolis.

I snubbed a heck of a lot more active Witnesses when I was a Witness than I ever snubbed disfellowshipped people. There were a LOT of good standing Witnesses that I just plain didn't like. Still don't.

Everything I did as a Witness, I had a choice. I took the easy way as often as anybody until I had a belly full. I always had that tendency to challenge a threat. I think the Witnesses new that. They didn't make a threat to me they didn't want to follow though on.

I think Witnesses are allowed to talk to anybody they want. Threats are made, Witnesses comply because they're either too gutless to stand up to those making the threats, or they enjoy being mean. So which is it? Gutless, or mean? Or gutless AND mean? :-)

Again, the children are abused, intimidated, inculcated, and deceived. None of my comments apply to them. I feel sorry for the Witness kids. They are true victims.

• heathen
    heathen

I'm still of the opinion that they are brainwashed . Many were raised in it and received the constant beatings for disobedience or misbehaveing . You tell me , why don't the j-dubs have a place for real young ones to play during the meetings but instead insist on making the children sit thru 2 hrs of boring crap they couldn't possibly understand ? Just about every meeting I've been too had some kid wailing away from being smacked , it's very disturbing .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit