JW's and you

by KW13 10 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

When you meet a JW at your door, what is your response?

Do you invite them in and try and convert them? (i have been tempted but it would be an argument not a discussion)

Do you slam the door after saying no?

Do you not answer?

Speak for a min?

Now explain your answer!

---------------------------------------------

I would love to invite them in and chat anyway, i actually love discussing religion and i am in no danger of being converted back to JW but so far i just speak for a min or two, explain i am not interested and that i used to be a witness....they usually give up after a minute.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I live on a main street here in my town and no one has called on me since 1999. "Tis strange." Not sure how I would react. I need to come up with a steady answer though to keep in mind so that I am not shocked when it does happen.

• KW13
    KW13

wow! thats a long time, usually they make a point of coming to places they haven't been to for a while - When the C.O comes around especially - If you are down as 'Don't call Again' usually some elders call once in a blue moon.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

When I was living in Montreal the elders knew my address. I was still living in the same territory and my ex always had the address. Over the 15 years that I was there (after I left) I only had 2 JW calls. One was a new JW and I guess my name wasn't on her list of DO NOT CALLs and the other was an elder looking for Spanish speaking people.

And I spoke to all of them about what had happened to me. They never came back - no surprise there.

Then in Winnipeg I was there for about 4 years before anyone came by. The first time it was two older ladies and the sexual abuse scandal had just erupted. I had a ball talking to them. Had them eating out of my hand. Even had one tell me it had happened to her. At the end they asked if I was DFed and I said yes but this was about an hour later.

And I guess she went and told the elders so I had an elder stop by. I told him my story and linked to the sexual abuse scandals. He never came back. No surprise.

Now I live in a senior's building and people have to buzz to get in. No one has shown up yet.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    wow! thats a long time, usually they make a point of coming to places they haven't been to for a while - When the C.O comes around especially - If you are down as 'Don't call Again' usually some elders call once in a blue moon.

Not one. Even when my JW mom lived here. Even when my JW brother told them to come and call on me a few years back. They told him (no joke that they had to this home and encouraged me).

THEY NEVER DID THAT. Therefore, he is very inactive, and yet does not leave it completely. He has been stewing on that for several years now.

Now my mom is inactive and one lone older sister stops and visits her once in a while. So now she really does not go to meetings and nor does he. I hate that she smashed all of her kids lives with the teachings, was a firm JW Nazi (with all of her sweet heart) all of my life, and now that she is old and crazy...where is the love? All she wants is a few people to care and 35 years later....NOTHING!!! THEY DO NOT GIVE A DAMN!!

So her inactive (but still JW Programmed son) and her one disfellowshipped (of 3 daughters) takes care of her.

NO HELP REALLY FROM THE TWO ACTIVE PIONEERING, SELF RIGHTIOUS, KINDOM HALL BUILDING CREW, AND ELDERS WIFE!!! Go figure...

*They really taught those two how to love at Patterson Farms and That special hall in NY for all deaf people. Personally I think they have had hearts just cut out of their chest* (Replaced with snakes)

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Oh, I did get a phone message from an old lady trying to witness in a short time period before the message cut off. That was about 3 months ago maybe. I am sure the elders had nothing to do with her having my number for homebound witnessing.

• KW13
    KW13

They don't do it in the UK too much, i wonder if they will start doing it?

Witnesses do a lot of preaching on forums like this, SERIOUSLY i have to ask this, my mum always told me stay away from apostate sites and so did a lot of elders e.t.c - Is that just in the UK?

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Welcome to the board KW13!

I did 'home study' for a while with the JWs who visit me - but they gave me up as a bad job!! (I'm since told they're only allowed to do them for a certain amount of time and then they stop)

We're still on very good terms though - they still bring my mags and any other publications I request, we tend to just talk about life in general now as we've got respect for each other's beliefs (I must have some of the more lenient ones visiting!). I also try to go at least to the memorial but am on an open invitation to the Sunday meetings and TMS too.

They don't do it in the UK too much, i wonder if they will start doing it?
    I can't see them starting telephone witnessing here because cold calling is so strictly regulated. They would have to set up a call centre to ensure legality.
  • Clam
    Clam

Hello KW13.

I'm waiting to see what happens at the moment. My wife has encouraged them, although purely because as a medical professional she's so baffled by the blood thing. They still can't answer it adequately by the way. In the meantime a different bunch caught me at a wrong time the other day and I told them to put me down as a "never call again". I'm keen to see if the first lot will still call to see my wife in a "good cop bad cop" scenario like we've set up.

In the past I've tried talking to them without telling them about my past. They've quickly given up on me though. I feel sorry for them being in the cult but also quite angry at what they represent.

Interestingly I lived in central London for ages and was never visited. Since I moved to Cornwall they're here about once every 6 weeks.

A friend of mine who lives up the road on a small farm says he's never been visited by JW's, but then again he has three American Bulldogs roaming loose at all times and you can only get him to let you in by phoning him. Oh well maybe he'll have a good excuse on judgement day LOL.

• KW13
    KW13

mmm, i need to buy some big dogs!

- All these welcomes, thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit