Einstein says

by onesong 16 Replies latest jw friends

• onesong
    onesong

I just came across this comment by Albert: "He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt.He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice."

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Hey onesong. Great quote... Very true. So appropriate for the R&F members of the borg... I like this one.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Wow! What a great quote! I'll have to commit that to memory.

• Confession
    Confession

Good one! Here's another famous Einstein quote...

"Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
  • anewme
    anewme

Honestly, I read a small book reportedly by Einstein and I did not like it. The tone was arrogant and cold.

I.Q. and an interest in physics does not make an inspiring leader or friend for that matter.

• onesong
    onesong

Which book was that that you read anewme ?

I admit that I haven't read a lot of Einstien but what I have learned about him has totally impressed me. He was a deeply spiritual person who credited all of his insights to God and relied much more on intuition and inspiration rather than intellect. One of his most famous quotes is that he wanted to think like God thinks--the rest is just details.

I also learned that he was a warm and loving husband and father, some of his greatest writing was produced while tending to and rocking his child.

As it does with everything, the more I've learned about him the more it has changed my view of him.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Once you completely melt in a high pressure control group and lose your personality and individuality then you lose your dignity you are just a cog wheel in a collective directed by people that you have no control over and have their own interests to serve.

• Gozz
    Gozz

onesong:

Einstein crediting his insights to God? Which God is what? You've got references? Should be interesting. I don't understand Einstein to believe in a personal god.

• Legolas
  • onesong
    onesong

I don't have it on me now but there's a great book -E=MC2 A Biography of The World's Greatest Equation that delves into Einstien's beliefs.

For now here's a few quotes of his reflecting his mindset.

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.
    Albert Einstein

"When the solution is simple, God is answering." Albert Einstein

God does not care about our mathematical difficulties. He integrates empirically.
    Albert Einstein

Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish. Albert Einstein

God always takes the simplest way.
    Albert Einstein

I want to know all Gods thoughts; all the rest are just details.
    Albert Einstein

Morality is of the highest importance - but for us, not for God.
    Albert Einstein

God may be subtle, but he isn't plain mean.
    Albert Einstein

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
    Albert Einstein

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit