switched at birth

by Ellie 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Ellie
    Ellie

Have any of you seen the story on the news today about the 2 Thai children that were accidentely switched at birth?

They are 10 years old now and their families have decided to let the children decide if they want to swap back again to live with their biological parents.

What would you do if you had a child and discovered that they had been switched at birth?

Would you want to keep the child you had been raising or would you want your biological child back?

• wombat
    wombat

Actually, my mother isn't my real mother. But no-one wants to tell her. She would be devestated.

• Ellie
    Ellie

How did that happen Wombat? Or how did you find out? (or is it personal?, if so don't worry).

• wombat
    wombat

Ellie, we suspect that someone spiked Mum's drink in 1944.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Wow. I think I'd have to work out some sort of joint custody thing with the other family, make us all one big family. No way could I give up the kid I'd raised to 10 years old. But no way would I turn my back on my own progeny.

I vote some sort of non-traditional joined family.

Dave

• wombat
    wombat

In 1944, Australia was full of Yank soldiers (WW 2). Over-paid, over-sexed and over here. They had access to chewing gum and nylon stockings. Bad things happened. My true Mum is probably in Alabama or somewhere.

• Ellie
    Ellie

How does your mum who raised you not know what happened?

I don't understand.

• wombat
    wombat

She is an Australian. Doesn't think too much.

Like, our Prime Minister is pouring more troops into Iraq. He refuses to sign the Kyoto agreement.

We show off a lot about what a beaut country we are but we are pretty dumb.

• Ellie
    Ellie

Well, I'm not going to agree with you there Wombat, my mate is from Brisbane and if she heared me calling you lot dumb she'd kick me from here halfway to Oz.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I don't know, I have an 18 yr. old I 'd consider trading up for (even if they weren't really switched at birth)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit