JW's and Charity

by DaveNwisconsin 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• DaveNwisconsin
    DaveNwisconsin

Today I was chatting with one of the Jehovah witness men from work. He is like a big guy in the hall who can marry other Jehovah's. Anyhow I am wondering if I should ask him if the people at the hall give to the homeless or have an outreach program for the poor. I already know the answer but think that maybe this guy would start thinking. What are your thoughts

• Poztate
    Poztate

WELL..They are trained not to think but give it a shot anyway.A lot of JW's believe that the WT gives but doesn't talk about it.

• luna2
    luna2

He'll probably come up with the usual dubby BS about devoting all their energies to "saving" people or something, but I'd ask him anyway. Make him frame an answer while you stare at him shaking your head in disgust. LOL

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Dave, he will have the classic answer that the preaching work they do is a "Life saving work". But that doesn't put food on the tables or a roof over the head. They've been playing that song for the past 100 years or so now. "Its just around the corner". How many have starved in the past 100 years?

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

The only thing it will make him "think" about is how your interest might result in a Bible Study for him. Before the day is over he'll be dreaming about all the stats he can count off of you, and how those stats might further improve his stature in the local or regional JW power structure. The day after you ask him, he'll be trying to give you a pretty little book with nice pictures of smiling people. Later, he'll make all kinds of promises about a magical life on a paradise earth................

Good luck!

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

Dave, if you would have asked me that question I would have pointed you to Matthew 6:1-4.

"6 "Take good care not to practice YOUR righteousness in front of men in order to be observed by them; otherwise YOU will have no reward with YOUR Father who is in the heavens. 2 Hence when you go making gifts of mercy, do not blow a trumpet ahead of you, just as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be glorified by men. Truly I say to YOU, They are having their reward in full. 3 But you, when making gifts of mercy, do not let your left hand know what your right is doing, 4 that your gifts of mercy may be in secret; then your Father who is looking on in secret will repay you."

That is the ONLY reply to your question. I don't ask others whether they support a given charity or not. It's none of my business.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Why not ask him instead if faith is dependent on assurance. The WTBT$ teaches that salvation is not assured until one's death or Armageddon arrives. according to the Bible a person who has accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior is assured of salvation from his sins.Ask him about this becausethe JW's have no answer for it and they will have to confront it every night when they lay their heads down on their pillows.

If you ask him about charity and the JW's he'll go into the canned response he has been indoctrinated with by the WT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit