What if you SAID you recorded the JC? Leverage?

by AlmostAtheist 14 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

It was dawning on me last night how much I wish I'd gone to one of my judicial committees so I could have surreptitiously recorded it. As I rolled that thought around in my head, I thought, "What would they do if you did it, then threatened to make it public?" Before a JC, they always tell you that recording devices are not allowed and ask you if you have one.

So you say "no" and the meeting proceeds. Then they ask you to leave the room while they deliberate the case. After a while, they invite you back in to tell you what they've decided.

So let's say you go ahead and record the meeting with a device in your coat pocket. Let's further say that you leave your coat in the room when you're asked to leave and let them talk about you behind your back. When you return and they tell you that they are going to DF you, you then announce that you have recorded everything. If they announce you, you'll make the recording public. If they instead leave you alone, you'll keep quiet.

Note that this would work fine whether you actually recorded it or not. So long as you had something capable of recording on your person -- an mp3 player, a cell phone, whatever -- they would still be facing, as far as they know, the possibilty of having their secret tribunal broadcast to the world.

What would be the effect? Any chance they'd chicken out and not announce you?

Anybody ever tried this?

Dave

• Scully
    Scully

Likely they'd DF you anyway. Back when we first stopped going to meetings, there was a fellow in Norway who did basically what you suggested. He gave the recording to the local press and it was broadcast.

What it did, though, was make the public acutely aware of the JW kangaroo courts Judicial Committees and what goes on during one. It's a great way to demonstrate what really takes place in this so-called Loving Arrangement From Jehovah™.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes and NO - they state in their instructions no recording devices - so it would confirm their right to DF you for disobeying them and not submitting to the FDS in the right hand of Jesus. However, yes it could also give you some leverage - notice I say COULD not WOULD

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

If I had the recording, then YES I would. If I did not have the recording I would not be inclined to bluff like that.

• TheListener
    TheListener

The best part of the plan is leaving the device in the room with them after you leave. Waiting a few minutes and going back to get it.

hehehehe.

I should plant a bug in the kh just to hear the elders meetings. I won't, of course, 'cause that would be wrong.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

With a board name of TheListener that suprises me

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

If they vote not to DF you, then you keep your mouth shut about the recording. So either it doesn't hurt you, or it MIGHT help you.

Why would you be disinclined to bluff them, Else? I can't imagine what you'd have to lose. Self-respect, for sinking so low? Maybe. Not sure how I'd feel about it years later.

Dave

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Yes and NO - they state in their instructions no recording devices - so it would confirm their right to DF you for disobeying them and not submitting to the FDS in the right hand of Jesus. However, yes it could also give you some leverage - notice I say COULD not WOULD

To my knowledge the only place where this instruction can be found is in the elders manual, which is something I never saw until I already DA'd and found it online. I certainly would not have consented to baptism had I been aware that I could not record a JC or bring an impartial observer to witness the proceeding. I don't consider myself bound by rules that are withheld from me. W

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

RECORD/DOCUMENT RECORD/DOCUMENT RECORD/DOCUMENT RECORD/DOCUMENT nothing beats streaming audio video The "poor man's James bond". Heads up! always be JURY PROOF in everything you do THINK if i was in a jury box what would i want to see/hear? Micro cassetes usually have to be uploaded and dubed onto a standard full size to get volume on a big machine to play to a jury.You want it to sound with real clarity and not mushy. The sony clear voice 'pressman' full size tape standard cassette recorder $35.00 i have 5 this is what journalist and reporters use for good reason

SONY TCM-210DV Standard Cassette Voice Recorder

Sony TCM-210DV Standard Cassette Voice Recorder Record and review with ease… Sony’s TCM-210DV Standard Cassette Recorder includes an AC adaptor and cassette to conserve batteries and provide virtually unlimited recording and playback time when an AC power source is available. In addition, features like Double recording time, Voice operated recording, Playback speed control, 25 hour battery life* with 2 "AA" batteries, Automatic shut-off (at tape end), One touch recording and playback, Sony-Matic® automatic recording level control, and the Clear Voice™ recording system help you get it all on tape. Utilize the Built-in microphone, LED battery level indicator, External microphone jack, Stop/Pause release function, and the Cue and review function as you enjoy improved sound from the large playback speaker. Features :
    • Includes AC Adaptor and Cassette
    • Double Recording Time
    • Voice Operated Recording
    • External Microphone Jack
    • Playback Speed Control
    • 25 Hour Battery Life*
    • Built-In Microphone
    • LED Battery Level Indicator
    • Clear Voice™ Recording System
    • Large Playback Speaker for Improved Sound
    • Automatic Shut-Off At End of Tape
    • One Touch Record from Playback
    • Sony-Matic® Automatic Recording Level Control
    • L/R Monaural Earphone Jack
    • Cue and Review Function
    • Pause Switch / Stop/Pause Release Function / DC-In Jack
    • Power Requirements 2 "AA" Batteries
    • Includes Hand Strap
    *Actual battery time may vary upon usage pattern

The "poor man's James bond". Durable affordable comes with neckstrap handsfree no expectation of privacy because it's there. More http://www.technofile.com/articles/viewcam.html

• Mary
    Mary
    Before a JC, they always tell you that recording devices are not allowed and ask you if you have one.

Actually, it's none of their damn business and they cannot tell you that you "can't" have one. There's a little thing called Freedom of Religion and Freedom of Speech that I'm sure this would fall under. What scriptural reason do they give why no recording devices are "allowed" anyway?

I knew one guy a few years ago who was being harassed by his local elders. They wanted to DF him for something----anything and called a JC. He brought a lawyer. The one elder told the lawyer that he "wasn't allowed to sit in on the proceedings." The lawyer chucked and assured the moron that legally, he most certainly was allowed to sit there. End result was: this guy wasn't DF'd.

I remember when Dateline first aired the whole pedophilia scandal. Bill Bowen had secretly tape recorded his conversation with the idiot in the Legal Dept. who advised him to "just walk away" from the problem of dealing with a peophile. One can only imagine the fury at Bethel when this was aired in front of millions of viewers, which revealed how pathetic they really are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit