For you JW's out there. What would you do if ....

by Brutus 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Brutus
    Brutus

20 yrs have passed, now (2021) and Armageddon still had not come. What would you do or what would you think?

Just curious

• blondie
    blondie

Don't you know it's coming in 2034, 120 years after 1914, just like it was 120 years before Jehovah brought the flood.

NWT Genesis 6:3 ***
    3 After that Jehovah said: “My spirit shall not act toward man indefinitely in that he is also flesh. Accordingly his days shall amount to a hundred and twenty years.”

(just teasing)

• StifflersErSlayersBrother
    StifflersErSlayersBrother

hehe, i thought it was funny last new years (2000) when ppl everywhere were looking for the appocolipse, and it didnt come. I said "Wouldnt it be funny if Armageddon came Jan 1 2001, when the real millenium hits, and no one is expecting it?"

to answer yer ? , hmm, i dunno, ill get back to u in 20 years

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

They'll say that "we never said Armeggedon was coming". "That was some brothers and sisters running ahead of the organization".

20 years from now, they will all be drinking blood substitute milkshakes.

Slipnslidemaster: "I don't know why we are here, but I'm pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves."
    - Ludwig Wittgenstein

• Gopher
    Gopher

Watchtower announcing Yahweh's Kingdom
    January 1, 2021

Page 3 "Rejoicing in the Spiritual New Order"

Yahweh (formerly known as Jehovah --- sorry Stephanus) keeps his people only slightly in the dark, blinking at them with "spiritual light!" How glad we are for such strobe lights of increasing truth!

We are able to see through the dark and interpret to the world that even though they may SEEM to be enjoying increasing prosperity and better conditions than in the 20th century, unseen to their eyes their doom is sealed!

Why? Well ever since Michael and his angels cast the original serpent, Satan, and his demon angels out of heaven in 1914, they have been waging an unending spiritual warfare against God's people. Oh it's true, most "physical" persecution has crept to a standstill, such as that experienced by Yahweh's people (then known as Jehovah's Witnesses) in Nazi Germany, in Malawi in the 1970's, in Greece up until the 1990's, just to name a few. And the preaching work is opened up in almost every land of the earth, although we still seem to be holding at about 6 million publishers strong. Surely the sifting among God's people continues.

As mankind entered its third millenium following the appearance on earth of God's only Son, mankind braced for exciting changes. What would the new millenium bring? New cures for disease? A stopping of warfare? An end to hunger?

We still await the answers from mankind. We know Yahweh's kingdom will solve these problems in its own way, in its own day.

But the question is, would Armageddon come and bring an end to the old system as we know it, close to the year 2001?

The answer is yes! Spiritually, unseen to human eyes, recent calculations (which we shall reserve until next summer's convention) unmistakably PROVE beyond a SHADOW of a doubt that Michael and his angels SECRETLY invaded the haunts of man's worst enemy, Satan, and his evil demonic hordes, and enchained them and put them into the abyss for the 1,000 years!

Now that we're somewhat into the 1,000 years (although exactly how many years, we cannot say for certain), woe betide this world's leaders who dare oppose God's true organization! Soon, any time now, they will lose their influence and have to "kiss the Son", for God's anger flares up easily.

Yes through the word of their witnessing, the great crowd brings notice that the world's rulers must submit to Yahweh, or maybe someday they will not be allowed by God to continue ruling over their earthly domains!

to be continued............

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

i would say thank god for the change in the understanding
    of "this generation" than i would thank god for my 401k

• Flip
    Flip
    For you JW's out there. What would you do if ....

...I sang out of tune would you stand up and walk out on me? Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song and I'll try not to sing out of key.

Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends...

Sorry folks, the topics subject caused me to wax lyrical. Joe Cocker sang it best but Jehovah's Witnesses who fall for what they are told, always walk out on those who 'sing out of tune', better.

Flip

• AngelofMuZiC
    AngelofMuZiC

Very insightful, Gopher.

Interesting take on the year 2021. I like the usuage of Yahweh instead of Jehovah, and the whole blinking thing (ROTLMAO! :))

My Regards,
    Joanne

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

All jokes aside, why do the Dubs paint Jesus as such a weak creature? His words seem appropriate to relate here: "ALL authority has been given me..." So why is there this battle going on where Satan and Jesus are evenly matched? I don't understand.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"Evil is the absence of empathy"
    Movie (2000), Nuremberg

• borgfree
    borgfree

Nazi Germany was a little early for the name Jehovah's Witnesses. I think they were known as International Bible Students.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit