Help with contracts.

by Triple A 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Triple A
    Triple A

They said I can not have mine annulled. It had been considered by the bethel service department and due to the length of time I had been baptised and that I had signed other contracts with the WTS, such as becoming a pioneer they could not annul it. Mentioned on http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/105267/1.ashx

This is the first I have heard of signing contracts. Can anyone provide the contracts that the typical JW signs? Baptism was mentioned. I know that it is verbal, but is there also something that is written?

• skyman
    skyman

there is none

• Curious Mind
  • Curious Mind
    Curious Mind

I remember filling out and signing a document when I pioneered. Not for Baptism though - BUT I think it could be said that the baptism questions and your agreement and then actual baptism would consitute a verbal contract - if it was challenged in court. Although what intersted me the most ws the use of the phrase - just more and more thinking like a corporation and not a faith. I couldn't think of any other religion (I use the term loosely) that would call doing the work of Jesus and baptism 'contracts' and just who are you contracting with - God and Jesus - give me a break!

CM

• Triple A
    Triple A

Thanks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit