letter to elder (part 2 of da)

by BlackSwan of Memphis 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Auldsoul: You’re right. My family is fairly large and well known in this area. My mom has been a witness for probably 40 years now. Fading wasn’t working and in truth be told, I knew that it wouldn’t. I had read about a year ago, perhaps in a book by Ron Rhodes or David Reed, that it generally a person generally has a year, from the time they realize that it is not the truth and they start to pull away, before they are df’ed. It took about a year and a half, before everything came to a head. My circumstances would not have allowed for it. But, I am happier this way. I was getting to a point where I didn’t want to leave my house, because I was worried that I was going to run into Someone I knew and they would want to know what was going on and I didn’t want to keep evading things. Hopefully, you’re right…. “when the organization comes down”.

Luna: Thanks for the kind words. His card was really sweet, but I knew, and the advice that I’d gotten warned me, that it was a mere way of him fulfilling his elder responsibility. I knew he wouldn’t respond. I hoped, but I knew. Witnesses are taught to be afraid of anything that doesn’t come from “Jehovah’s only channel of communication.” Sad? Yes, incredibly. Especially since, after I left and was able to look at the org a little more objectively, I realized just Why they strike that fear into people. That’s how they keep ‘em in. It’s the only way to keep them in. If people realized that the only thing that awaited them on the outside was life and hope and freedom, not destruction, not abandonment from God, they wouldn’t stay in. So, to keep them from knowing what is really out there, they nurture fear inside them. As Auld soul said, they abuse their power: they are abusive, they are a cult.

Forscher: Yeah, now I understand why Christian religions, Don’t like to consider them Christian. The scary thing is that so many people in the world, don’t understand that this is not just some harmless group of people. The wts are wolves in sheeps clothing. The more people that I talk to about my experience, most don’t realize what the big deal is.

Ironclaw: Love. Yeah, that’s what an abusive person would say to the person they’re trying to control: “But I Love You!!! That’s why I have to punish you. Because I love you!”

Darth Frosty: Funny, but my brother in law, (husbands brother) said that to me in the beginning. He said that I needed to just explain Why I don’t believe in it anymore, explain my personal reasons and be true to who I am. In the end, he said, they would come to understand and get over it. It wasn’t until this happened that he understood just why that wasn’t going to happen. I do agree that it mirrors the doubts that they have had. I know this because I know exactly for a fact, that my family has their doubts.

I just keep thinking, you never know. The strangest things in life happen. They may all end up walking out of the org one day, saying, we’re not doing this anymore. On the other hand, preparing for the worst, I’m not placing any bets on this one. They have many, many friends in the org.

meagan

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Love & Hugs to you Swan. You left for the same reason I did. I slowly became aware that the FDS was feeding me a line of biblical mistruths. Jesus is not the recycled angel they have always wanted us to believe He is.

So very sorry for the pain you are going through. Your letter is wonderful. I would not be surprised that in a few years you find out that it inspired someone to think for themselves.

We can always hope, Love~Kate

• sherrid
    sherrid

Hi, i'm new here, and i want to say that i am a disfellowshipped person, and i would like to know how long it would take for me to be re-instated. I read somewhere that it would take about a year. I have been away from the "Orginization" for over 20 years, and my son and i lived through an INCREDIBLY HORRIFFIC EXPERIENCE last year, and i realised i wanted Jehovah's laws to govern my life, but the Witnesses won't seem to allow me back in to the congreation until i "prove to them" that this is what i want, and all that other stuff. Well, if my repentance is acceptable to Jehovah, and the BIble directly enourages us to incite one another to love, fine works and upbuilding eachother in the scriptures, isn't this directly CONTRARY to what the bible teaches???

I'm not an apostate, and i'm not sure if i want to go a whole year with people looking at me as if i were from Mars, and i have a CHILD i want to teach the bible to, as well. So how am i supposed to explain this to a 7-year-old??

Sherri D.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Sherri D.,

If you want to teach your child from the Bible why you have to suffer punishment until they feel you've suffered enough, you will find the task impossible. The period of time the elders arbitrarily impose is not permitted by any Scripture. Nor is attendance at all the meetings a requirement in Scripture as a "work befitting repentance." In fact, the entire process of the only "reinstatement" described in the Bible is as follows:

2 Corinthians 2:5-8 — Now if anyone has caused sadness, he has saddened, not me, but all of YOU to an extent—not to be too harsh in what I say. 6 This rebuke given by the majority is sufficient for such a man, 7 so that, on the contrary now, YOU should kindly forgive and comfort [him], that somehow such a man may not be swallowed up by his being overly sad. 8 Therefore I exhort YOU to confirm YOUR love for him.

Public rebuke by ... the majority? Not every single person was required to rebuke the man? Wow, that almost sounds as though the congregants individually got to DECIDE whether to rebuke the man.

Sherri D., you may recognize whatever you were disfellowshipped for was wrong (in your own estimation). However, this is how the Bible says such things should be handled:

1 Timothy 5:20 — Reprove before all onlookers persons who practice sin, that the rest also may have fear.

Your wrongdoing was not made public. Your reproof was not public. Only the sentence they judged you worthy of was made public. So whether or not what you did was wrong, the way they handled it was directly contrary to the Scriptures. There is no Scriptural justification for closed door private trials by a subset of the congregation, and there is no Scriptural justification for the congregation to be bound, on pain of disfellowshipping, to uphold the decision whether or not they agree with it.

You want to teach your child to become subject to the same warped system that does not adhere to the Scriptures? Do you mind if I ask WHY?

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• sherrid
    sherrid

No, I do not mind if you ask why, because i was taught "The Truth" and i have seen other religious orginisations flounder wildly in accordance with the statement that they would have a form of godly devotion but proving false to it's power. OF that, i can can clearly see evidence, HOWEVER, i do want my son to be brought up in the discipline and mental regulating of Jehovah God, so i don't know where else to turn. I was actually IN JAIL when i cried relentlessly for days, vergining on SUICIDE, when i prayed to Jehovah and picked up a bible and began to read, and read, and read, and read...........and i acquired a great deal of scriptural knowledge. Now THIS is something i DO want my son to learn, since it is Jehovah who gave us life in the first place.

I'm becoming more and more concerned, because i asked Jehovah for a better life, hmmmmm let me see, my son and i were homeless, and destitute, and had just been robbed, and had nowhere to go, so he got put in Foster care while i was in jail, but now that i'm out of jail, i have prayed to Jehovah to guide me, and i can PHYSICALLY FEEL his holy spirit directing me and making me feel better, but like i said, i have some serious issues, because many of the witnesses came FLOCKING around me at first, wanting to study the bible with me, which i believe Jehovah sent to me, but the Elders told me to say that i was disfellowshipped.

So, i guess i'm confused, and i need answers, and like i said, i agree that it isn't scriptural, and if Jehovah God can forgive my sins, why do i have to prove to these mere men here on earth that i don't want to live in Satan's world, but evidence is beginning to crumble away at some of the teachings of the witnesses....................So where do i go from Here???

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    i can PHYSICALLY FEEL his holy spirit directing me and making me feel better

If I am understanding your post, you feel direction from holy spirit and you feel it making you feel better but you still have serious issues with the elders not welcoming you back.

I would say you have answered your own question. You go where the SPIRIT leads, not where an organization leads.

My advice is:

Psalm 146:3 — Do not put YOUR trust in nobles, Nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs.

That includes me. That includes the Governing Body. That includes anyone who tries to interfere in your personal relationship you have developed. You hit on the perfect question.

if Jehovah God can forgive my sins, why do i have to prove to these mere men here on earth that i don't want to live in Satan's world?

You don't have to prove anything to them. They are dust. They don't have the power or authority to forgive your sins. You already know who it is that reserves that authority. Are they trying to make you subject to them, claiming that their authority is God's authority?

If you have been studying the Bible intensely, you already know better. "He is not far off from each one of us..." (Acts 17)

Where does the elder body or the Governing Body appear in the headship arrangement spelled out in the Bible?

So where do i go from Here???

Jesus asked his disciples if they were going to leave him. Peter replied: ""Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life; and we have believed and come to know that you are the Holy One of God." (John 6:68, 69)

So, I would say the question is not "where" but "whom." Can you aswer me this? When, in the entire history of Jehovah's Witnesses, have they EVER been persecuted for bearing Jesus' name?

John 4:19-26 — The woman said to him: “Sir, I perceive you are a prophet. 20 Our forefathers worshiped in this mountain; but YOU people say that in Jerusalem is the place where persons ought to worship.” 21 Jesus said to her: “Believe me, woman, The hour is coming when neither in this mountain nor in Jerusalem will YOU people worship the Father. 22 YOU worship what YOU do not know; we worship what we know, because salvation originates with the Jews. 23 Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshipers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for, indeed, the Father is looking for suchlike ones to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth.” 25 The woman said to him: “I know that Mes·si´ah is coming, who is called Christ. Whenever that one arrives, he will declare all things to us openly.” 26 Jesus said to her: “I who am speaking to you am he.”

She was wondering where to worship, too. Just like you. Jesus didn't tell her a place to worship. He told her a WAY to worship. You have it, already. Do not quickly be shaken from it to another sort of Good News.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Dear Auld Soul...I say AMEN to everything you said. I believe too, that we no longer need to go to this mountain (organization) or that one. But just to Jesus.

Black Swan, I, too left the org. partially because they didn't mention Jesus enough but in a different sense. If we are in the hour of judgement, like they say, then shouldn't they be looking for the warrior and judge, Jesus?. The one who is throwing a stone at the feet of the image (the US and Britain. ???? Shouldn't we be looking for evidense, now of him taking real action and not just holding our breath until it's over??? If we are in the "hour of judgement" which I believe we are, then he's very much here and getting ready to take his kingdom rule... All the JW's talk about is the Jesus 2000 years ago... And them they make fun of Christendom thinking of him as a babe in a manger. They are just as bad...all I every hear is about the Jesus 2000 years ago. UGH I'm outta there!!

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Sherri,

The thing is, I think many people can understand where you are coming from. That is why so many people stick with the Witnesses.

I think you are on the right track by reading the bible. Start from there and then judge what the witnesses are teaching by what the bible expresses. After all, they claim to worship God according to how the Bible teaches. Well, put them to the test, do they?

You have already found one error. Is it possible there may be more? If so, then your responsibility lies in uncovering those errors. The Organization is great on playing on a person's fears. Your fear of losing God's approval, your fear of having your son be raised without moral guidance...those fears are what the Organization plays on.

There are some wonderful lessons to be learned in the Bible. Lessons about how to be a good, loving person. That came from the Bible. Not the Organization.

Have faith that if you ask for guidance, you will receive it. Do you want to teach your son to shun those who have erred? Or would you rather teach your son to open their hearts and arms lovingly to those that have fallen? If you go back right now, and beg those elders for mercy, in the end, that is what you will teach him.

So, from mother to mother... have confidence in your maternal instincts and in your faith, that you can do this, if you need help... you have come to the right place. There are many moms on this board and much love to go 'round. Ask for Guidance, have faith you will receive it and don't let a man tell you when you have been forgiven.

Many blessings and peace to you Sherri, please stick around!

Meagan

• sherrid
    sherrid

Megan, thanks for the encouragement. I have been through such an Incredibly horriffic experience, as i have mentioned.

I know Jehovah is a God of LOVE, KINDNESS, AND FORGIVENESS, even as the last couple of Watchtower studies have pointed out, Jehovah REPEATEDLY forgave the Isrealites again and again, and doesn't scripture say that if a shepard loses one sheep, he will leave the other 99 behind to go find the ONE that is missing, and with REJOICING will return it to the flock??

I don't WANT to find fault, point a finger, but i most definitely see a contradiction of what the BIBLE says, and what is actually being done. The Circuit Overseer pointed out the scriptures i mentioned in my first post about love and fine works, and good association, yada, yada, yada, and here i was, sitting there thinking, "why is this not being done for ME, if i have shown that i want to be a part of this "organization'??? SO, yes, i have some issues, and i think i will stick with this forum and continue to get information that is not otherwise available. I want to please Jehovah God, and i want all that Kingdom hope and stuff, but it's like the other guy just said, it's not a PLACE That we will go to worship, IT IS A WAY........AND now i truly believe that!!

I'll be back as soon as i can, i have to come to the library to use the internet.............

Sherri D.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

A job well done folks. I have never heard/read a more complete simple explanation of what Jesus said and how it does not fit the ACTIONS of the wbts.

No matter what they print or how much they say, IT IS THE ACTIONS THAT REVEAL the hypocrisy in their teachings.

Outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit