My first intentional skipping of field service

by Dune 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Dune
    Dune

So i woke up this morning and I just didnt feel like going to field service.

You may be wondering "Why the hell does this matter? I dont ever go out "

Well my friend, not including conventions, assemblies and illness, i can count on one hand the amount of times i've missed field service, And this feels GREAT.

I dont know what it is, but i've lost the will to really care while going door to door. I was never really zealous at field service, but i've found myself slowly becoming complacent. I've stopped using "conversation stoppers" and my presentations are extremely brief and to the point. I also got in the knack of not doing return visits and Thursday night this guy walk right up to me and asked for a bible study, in which i directed him to an elder.

I think 2006 is going to be a good year :-d.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Gongrats! It does feel good to sleep a little later...and even watch cartoons!

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I skipped today too. And I'm going to chill with an apostate later on. go us.

Donnie, any chance you can get on YIM?

• blondie
    blondie

What you will start to realize is that you have been getting up every moning to go somewhere for a long, long time. Even non-JWs that go to church, get Saturday off. JW's are getting up 5 days a week (or more) to go to work, and then Saturday and Sunday. Never a morning just to sleep in.

Blondie

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Congrats as well. If you think it feels good now, just wait. It gets better.

• onesong
    onesong

You're on the right track---I spent the last year going out and basically just driving around, only motivation was puttin in the time.

I celebrated the 1 year anniversary of the last time I went out on Dec.22.! (Which was with the CO-I had to explain why I stepped down from being an elder.)

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Nice, Dune! Congrats on a grabbing a little freedom!

(You're still allowed to have coffee, BTW. It's not just a "field service" thing. )

Dave

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's great that you are making good progress in getting out of their clutches, no need to be an unpaid salesmen for the fabulously rich WTS, if they want publications distributors they should pay them.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Can't remember the last time I went in field service, I think it was in Washington DC back in the early seventies. I don't miss it at all except maybe in a good way. I did have some good times in unassigned territory with my family back in the 50s. We had the whole Fairfax County in Va. up in the Smokey Mountains. We would go there early in the morning and spend the day, have dinner in some beautiful park out in the forest. Darn, why did I have to think of those days, I miss my family so much that are all dead now.

Ken P.

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

Dune, "one small step for man..."good for you! Never had anyone walk up to me and ask for a bible study. I think if I did,(hind sight is great) I would be sure to clue them in right away to the discrepancies, and save them the years it cost me!

When I started to quit I could only read an encouraging scripture at the door and wish them a good day.I did go through a time of guilt when I had saturday mornings off-even when I spent them with my little ones(at the time). I got over it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit