feng shui

by peacefulpete 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Just a brief observation. The whole Feng Shui thing is really going mainstream. Everywhere everyone is trying to order their world using priciples of the ancient philosophy. JWs I know are facinated and amuzed by the whole idea of decorating using books and magazines teaching Feng Shui style. I know JWs that have little Feng Shui water gardens and sand gardens on the end tables and nightstands.

Just wonder if anyone ever heard a condemnation of this Taoist philosophy of Chi at the KHs?

Not knocking anything, just wondering about why the WT hasn't leapt upon it.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Maybe they have bigger fish to fry right now. Lawsuits, Internet, Downsizing, Public Humiliation at every turn... you know... the usual...

J

• free2beme
    free2beme

Witnesses would label it all demons or for the more educated high school drop out Witness, they would wonder how it taste and what restaurant serves it.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I would have expected them to call it demonized but have yet to see any JWs concerned. This what strikes me.

• 4JWY
    4JWY

Yes, of course it is demonic I can't refer you to the exact issue, but before my walk away a couple of years ago, there was an article on it and full condemnation was the theme.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I was hoping that they may have simply viewed it rationally as some people's harmless effort to be connected with their environment.

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

Once again, united in true worship is a huge mis-statement. I know of a JW elder who was diagnosed with cancer and told he could improve his recovery by following a macrobiotic diet. Once he found out that macrobiotic diet had connections to Eastern philosphy of balancing chi, he dropped the diet. This illustrates the extremes in application of WT teachings...united in true worship...what a joke!

• AntiPode
    AntiPode
    I was hoping that they may have simply viewed it rationally

ra·tion·al (r
    adj.

1. Having or exercising the ability to reason.
    2. Of sound mind; sane.
    3. Consistent with or based on reason; logical: rational behavior. See Synonyms at logical.

rea·son (r
    n.

1. The capacity for logical, rational, and analytic thought; intelligence.
    2. Good judgment; sound sense.
    3. A normal mental state; sanity

As you can see from the definitions, the capacity for either of the above conflicts with being a Witness; therefore they are not even a consideration.

This should not be a surprise, but expected. It is only a surprise if you are doubting their absolute control over you.

S

• blondie
    blondie

Wasn't there a WT or Awake article on this? I've checked my 2004 CD, 2005 maybe.

Several JWs take Tai Chi without realizing that this is considered the 1st level of martial arts. Many JWs already exist in the land of denial.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

funny how 'the demons' aren't clammering to possess them for having taken exercise classes or having rearranged their living room. hehe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit