They really make this much too easy...

by Ingenuous 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

*** w63 11/15 pp. 689-690 Execution of Divine Judgment upon False Religion ***

Necessarily there must be just one true religion, just as there is only one true science. Nineteen centuries ago a learned defender of the true religion warned against the "oppositions of science falsely so called," or, "contradictions of what is falsely called knowledge," because the acceptance of such falsely called science or knowledge caused many believers to turn away from the true faith. (1 Tim. 6:20, AV; RS) The one true religion must be in perfect harmony with science that is proved, not just called so.

Science or knowledge that is true, because it is proved, reveals the laws of our universe. It brings to our view more and more plainly the wonderful harmony of all the works of creation and all the laws of our physical universe...

One God alone could be supreme and all-powerful; and one such God could mean only one true religion, namely, the one right worship of this one supreme, almighty God. His religion is one of right belief and is harmonious in all its expressions, just as true physical science is harmonious and not self-contradictory. The true religion of the one God does not disagree with itself, deny itself or get divided with itself. If it had internal disagreement, contradiction and disunity, it could never stand; it could not be simple truth; it would disagree with the scientific laws of the universe; it could not triumph in the long-drawn-out conflict between true religion and false. But true religion must triumph, because truth cannot be destroyed. That is why, despite all the many false religions in the world, the true religion has lived through till this day, although it stands alone. Certainly the one almighty God could not do otherwise than preserve his own religion.
  • AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    The true religion of the one God ... would agree with the scientific laws of the universe;

Thank you Brother Egnorent, for that illuminating talk. We appreciated hearing that the true religion would be in full agreement with the laws of the universe.

Now let's begin our Watchtower discussion on Noah's Ark...

Dave

• Shazard
    Shazard

Yea right like science had answers to everything allready? :)

• greendawn
    greendawn

That title there "Execution of divine judgement upon false religion" how can they write such things since they are foremost among false religions.

• robhic
    robhic
    7 Science or knowledge that is true, because it is proved, reveals the laws of our universe. It brings to our view more and more plainly the wonderful harmony of all the works of creation and all the laws of our physical universe...

Strike 1: They use the word "proved" in regard to science as if "all the works of creation" somehow "prove" religion. I don't theenk so...

His religion is one of right belief and is harmonious in all its expressions, just as true physical science is harmonious and not self-contradictory. [italics mine]

Strike 2: I don't think I know of any other discipline or group that disagree more than scientists! All in the spirit of proving and re-proving for certainty's sake, but those guys are always looking for a chance to poke holes in a theory or an idea. Even if it's their own! That's how they keep the bar set as high as possible. Look what happens when they don't -- the drug recalls due to shoddy and/or incomplete research.

Nope, all-in-all this was a fairly poor example.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    it would disagree with the scientific laws of the universe

See the pic below. It claims the cartoon at the bottom is an image of "demagnified bacteria". Shown here as having a body made up of aluminum pots and pans. I'd love to see the rest of the article to see if they make it clear they were kidding.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Come on guys, that article was written in 63', that's OLD LIGHT!

If that statement is true then my conclusion is that there can be no such thing as "true religion"

• luna2
    luna2

Come now, you know you aren't supposed to be reading old publications! Must keep the eye focused on current truth. Pay no attention to what we said yesterday, today is what Jehootie wants you to focus on. Dwelling on that old, dim light will only give you a headache as you try to reconcile it with the bright, pulsing, strob light of the moment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit