Please help me

by jambon 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Legolas
    Legolas

Me either...If we 'mere' humans can be better parents to our children then god is to us what does that say of him?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    BUT, I DONT BELIEVE IN GOD ANY MORE. NEVER MIND WHAT THE SOCIETY SAYS; THE FACT IS, AS A FATHER, I WOULD DO ANYTHING TO SAVE MY KIDS. WHY NOT GODS `KIDS`????

We have plenty of believers on this site, Jambon, but there's plenty that don't too. You're among a free-thinking, inclusive, tolerant group here. You are FREE to speak your mind. If you make a statement without anything to back it up, you may get called on it. That's ok, that's how we learn.

But you have the right to have any opinion you like, and the right to voice it.

We're not friends of yours yet, but you're welcome to be here and I look forward to making friends with you.

Dave

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    BUT, I DONT BELIEVE IN GOD ANY MORE.

Same here... atheist through and through. I could never see myself joining another religion but I have found that I enjoy many of the teachings of Buddhism and Taoism.

A great book for you would be: Losing Faith in Faith: From Preacher to Atheist

Losing Faith in Faith: From Preacher to Atheist

by Dan Barker
  • metatron
    metatron

If you want to slack off and fade away quietly, tell them you suffer from depression and leave it at that!

Don't argue or get into big discussions about it. Just say you're depressed and stay silent. It worked for me!

metatron

• jambon
    jambon

Wow, your story sounds so familiar. My parents also were never JW's, I started studying at 15, baptized at 17.

It's a bit easier, even fun, when you're a kid. But when you grow up you find out just how burdensome and limiting life as a JW can be.

- I SEE NOW THAT LIFES BLACK AND WHITES ARE NOT, THEY ARE GREY AND THATS OK!!

DONT WORRY, I DONT FEEL ANY GUILT ABOUT MEETINGS,F/S AND MAG READING ETC BUT I FEEL GUILT FOR BEING PART OF THIS THING.

MY COMMENTS ON ALCOHOL REFLECT THE FACT THAT I HAVE BEEN DRINKING HEAVILY FOR 4 YEARS - EASES THE PAIN OF BEING SOMETHING YOU`RE NOT.

SO - WHY DO I FEEL ANXIOUS ABOUT GETTING OUT? MY WIFE IS WAVERING BUT BELIEVES IN GOD, WHICH I DO NOT. MY 4 YEAR OLD WANTS A PRAYER AT NIGHT (NOT REALISING THAT I WOULD KILL HER, BY REFUSING A BTF, IF IT CAME DOWN TO IT) - I LOVE HER SO MUCH.

WHAT DO I DO - I WANT TO DISSASSOCIATE AND TELL TEM ALL TO FECK OFF, BUT .............MY WIFE???

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

I'm sorry. I quess I'm the one who's confused.

"Who" or "What" are you saving your kids from?

You don't believe in God. OK. He can't hurt your kids. If you don't believe in him, then he didn't cause the wars or the tsunami's

You don't believe in the society. OK. They can't hurt your kids.

These two dear ones are your children. Teach them what you want them to learn and help them to grow to be wonderful adults.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    SO - WHY DO I FEEL ANXIOUS ABOUT GETTING OUT? MY WIFE IS WAVERING BUT BELIEVES IN GOD, WHICH I DO NOT. MY 4 YEAR OLD WANTS A PRAYER AT NIGHT (NOT REALISING THAT I WOULD KILL HER, BY REFUSING A BTF, IF IT CAME DOWN TO IT) - I LOVE HER SO MUCH.

It all comes down to respect. Ensure you wife understands that you will not stop loving her if she wishes to believe in a higher power. Just ensure she also knows that you will not accept persecution from her for not believing the same thing she does. It's a two way street.

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Stay around and get some help here. You say you have been drinking heavily. STOP it. If you truly love your wife and want to make better of the next 10, 20, 30 years....don't make her and your children's lives more difficult by being a lush. I enjoy a drink myself now and then, but I know the true sorrow of alcohol abuse first hand. Don't hurt them that way.

AND...if you truly love your wife, allow her to pray with your children, and it won't hurt you to join in a bedtime prayer. What a special time to spend. YOu don't have to tell them you don't believe in God...maybe you will again someday, but even if you don't, respect your wife for wanting to teach them. Just teach them to be good, by your example.

You are so wise to know that it is time to get away from the JW screwed up teachings. I wish you well...and hope you don't mind if I say a prayer for your journey out!

Peace to you and yours,

Auntie Jane

• jambon
    jambon

I'm sorry. I quess I'm the one who's confused.

"Who" or "What" are you saving your kids from?

You don't believe in God. OK. He can't hurt your kids. If you don't believe in him, then he didn't cause the wars or the tsunami's

You don't believe in the society. OK. They can't hurt your kids.

These two dear ones are your children. Teach them what you want them to learn and help them to grow to be wonderful adults.

SORRY - IM THE ONE NOT BEING CLEAR. I AM BASICALLY TRYING TO GET OUT, MY WIFE AND MY WHOLE ASSOCIATION OF FRIENDS ARE JW`S. - I AM NOT A BITTER PERSON, NO REASON TO BE, ALTHOUGH I UNDERSTAND SOME MAY HAVE VERYU LEGITIMATE GRIEVANCES. BUT AS ABOVE, HOW DO I BREAK TIES?? I WANT OUT, NOT YESTERADAY, BUT NOW. MY WIFE WILL BE BACK SOON, AND I WILL PUT ON `THE BRAVE FACE` BUT I AM SCREEEEEEEEAMING INSIDE. I WILL NO DOUBT CALM DOWN BUT I AM FRUSTRATED -- I WANT TO HEAR FROM THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN THROUGH THE SAME THOUGHT PROCESS??

• jambon
    jambon

You are so wise to know that it is time to get away from the JW screwed up teachings. I wish you well...and hope you don't mind if I say a prayer for your journey out!

Peace to you and yours,

Auntie Jane

- THANKS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit