What were your favourite verses proving you had the truth?

by JH 7 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

?

• JH
    JH

Mat 24:14 was a classic

Thats what we were doing, right?

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

the sign of the last days in timoty

also in revelation that "people will ruin the earth"

• Vormek2.8
    Vormek2.8

Lamentations 5:9

• JH
    JH

Gee, thats hard to find....why didn't they put that in alphabetical order?

• greendawn
    greendawn

For me it was also that verse about the preaching in the final days but also the other signs of the end that in my naivity I thought were being fulfilled in the late 20th century.

I never thought about the verse: "when they say to you the end is near do not go after them", a warning about false prophets and the FDS of the JWs is obviously one of these. Apparently no one can possibly know when the end is near and anyone that attempts to do so is a fake. It will come totally unexpectedly.

• prophecor
    prophecor

5 For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten. 6 Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they have no portion anymore to time indefinite in anything that has to be done under the sun.

9 See life with the wife whom you love all the days of your vain life that He has given you under the sun, all the days of your vanity, for that is your portion in life and in your hard work with which you are working hard under the sun. 10 All that your hand finds to do, do with your very power, for there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in She´ol, the place to which you are going.

If I was going to Sheol ( Hell ) when I died, this was as comforting as it could get. To know that I wasn't going to feel any pain and suffering when I got there. This was one of the fundemental teachings among Jehovah's Witnesses that got me to seeing the truth, as they saw it, or interpreted it.

The aspect of mentally being out of existence during death was conversely a little difficult to deal with. I've heard all the talk about those who've escaped near death experiences and how wonderful it was. How it had changed them forever. I don't know where we go or in what form or fashion our lifes existence transforms to, once we cross the other side. I'd like to believe that there exist something to hold us, to cover us, to carry us beyond the walls of death. To be remembered in the resurection is still a hardcore belief that I hold on to, having been JW.

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

Matthew 24:45-47, Luke 12:41-43, Matthew 28:19 & 20, Hebrews 10:24 & 25.

I think that these are the only scriptures that the dubs even use.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit