70 countries at Zero increase or worse

by metatron 13 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

By my count, there are 70 countries that reported zero increase in publishers - or actual losses. I think last year it was 64.

Worldwide:

Memorial attendance is down

Av. Bible studies are down

Total hours are down

Av. Pioneers (under the new way of counting) appear to be down

Number baptised is down

Japan is still missing 638 congregations (relative to the 1999 Yearbook - 3802 vs 3164)

Australia, Alaska, Bermuda, Canada and New Zealand reported actual publisher losses. (Keep up the good work, posters!)

Downsizing? The above, together with the drop in the Society's cash flow/contributions, is the real reason for downsizing.

metatron

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Do you have a source? I would love to get my hands on some statistics on this.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Way to go!

This point intrigues me:

Japan is still missing 638 congregations (relative to the 1999 Yearbook - 3802 vs 3164)
    Has anyone heard any WT acknowledgment or reference to that? Say from a DO or CO that would indicate what their attitude to it is?
  • Honesty
    Honesty

Jehovah sure does know what's best for his people.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Isn't it amazing how this is spun amongst JWs as a sign of something.

I can see it now...

"In these last days Jehovah is really speeding up the work. The general trend shows that the preaching work is coming to its completion. As in the days of Noah, the doors will soon be closed and all those who did not put faith in the true God or his servants will regret their decision. Do not become fearful or tired of the growing trends. Attach yourselves to gods organization and attain victory!" -taken from some stupid Watchtower study article yet to be published, but it's on the way.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

[jw rhetoric]PRAISE JEHOVAH HE 'SPEEDING IT UP' IN HIS OWN 'TIME' JUST LIKE HE SAID HE WOULD[/jw rhetoric]

• carla
    carla

What do you mean Japan is missing 638 congs? They haven't been counted in yet or they dissolved? Hoping they dissolved of course, I heard Japan was on a real downturn for the wt but that number sounds incredible.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Isn't it amazing how this is spun amongst JWs as a sign of something.

How can you spin this? Negative growth can be spun as a "great falling away"; positive growth can be spun as "the word going forth". But sitting still while the engine is idling?

• greendawn
    greendawn

By 1995 they were forced to conceed that the 1914 generation was not 70 or 80 years in time length but could be indefinitely long, 200 years or more. That lost them their major selling point the soon to be paradise and eternal life.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

This is great news!!! Thank you.

Goldminer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit