The First And The Last

by ladonna 4 Replies latest jw friends

• ladonna
    ladonna

Found this on a search and it made me really think???
    I do not know the author so I cannot give credit, but it is not my own work.
    Ana
    The First and the Last

This study is designed for those who are currently Jehovah's Witnesses. The following scriptures are quoted from The New World Translation.

"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says Jehovah God, "the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty." (Rev. 1:8)
    Question: Who is this speaking?

Answer: Jehovah God.

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end." (Rev. 22:13)

Answer: Jehovah God. He is the Alpha and Omega (Rev. 1:8) and the first and the last (Isa. 44:6).

And he laid his right hand upon me and said: "Do not be fearful. I am the First and the Last, and the living one; and I became dead, but look! I am living forever and ever, and I have the keys of death and of Hades." (Rev. 1:18)

• idaho
    idaho

I'm not trying to be sarcastic but it does seem that

the "Alpha & Omega", "the First and the Last" [Jehovah God??]

has died...

Now we're in big trouble

Finn

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

It gets much much much better ---

Look and read the last chapter of Revelation. Jesus syas he is the ALpha and the Omega and that he sent his angel to the earth to give a witness... It is this chapter in the bible that made me see the "light."

• Kent
    Kent

*** w99 12/1 10 "Glad Tidings" From the Apocalypse ***
    4 The opening chapter of the book of Revelation presents Jehovah as “the Alpha and the Omega, . . . the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty.” And it presents his Son, Jesus Christ, as “the Faithful Witness,” “the firstborn from the dead,” and “the Ruler of the kings of the earth.” It also speaks of Jesus as “him that loves us and that loosed us from our sins by means of his own blood.” (Revelation 1:5, 8) Thus, from the outset, Revelation expounds fundamental life-saving truths.

*** w92 6/1 10 A Free People but Accountable ***
    In truth, only one person in the whole universe fits that description—Jehovah God. He alone has absolute freedom. Only he can make any choice he wishes and then carry it out despite all opposition. He is “the Almighty.”—Revelation 1:8; Isaiah 55:11.

*** w91 5/1 21 Thrilling Visions That Strengthen Faith ***
    Early in the revelation from God through Christ appear letters to seven congregations of Jesus’ fellow Kingdom heirs. (1:1–3:22)

*** w79 5/15 5 Is Your Trust in God . . . Or in a Man? ***
    Many more contrasts could be made between the Leader sent by God and the man Jones, the human self-styled messiah, but one more should suffice. At no time did Jesus Christ claim to be the “Alpha and the Omega,” God the Creator of the universe. His claim solely was: “I am God’s Son.” (John 10:36; Rev. 1:8)

*** w76 11/15 698 A Revelation-of Jehovah's Will and Purposes ***
    After his salutation and introductory remarks, John reports seeing a glorious vision of the resurrected Christ and hears the Creator speak of Himself as “the Alpha and the Omega.” (Rev. 1:8)

Yakki Da

Kent

"The only difference between a fool and the JW legal department is that a fool might be sympathetic ."

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Speaking of Revalation, didn't the WTS release a revised version of the REVELATION book (the big red one) a few years after the first edition was released...and then we had to have it in book study all over again?

Anyone remember?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit