Hint of disillusionment among bethelites regarding downsizing?

by watch the tower 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

So is it 1500 or 15000. Someone know?

Jeff

• jgnat
    jgnat

We need to set up a support network designed for Bethelites right quick. Anyone interested in helping, PM me.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Why don't they just get on with their own lives rather than be slaves to the WTS? They should be glad for this change because they will not labour for a man made organisation.

• JT
    JT

So is it 1500 or 15000. Someone know?

worldwide there are about 15,000 bethelites- the US branch has somewhere around 6000 at it's peak-

i was told they are looking to reduce the usa branch by around 50%-

for the first time in decades the wt is actually laying folks off, due to reduced workload and the shift in how they do business in general-

they can do the same with less staff- bottomline is someone is going to get the Royal Shaft!!!!!!!!!!!!

• JT
    JT

Why don't they just get on with their own lives rather than be slaves to the WTS? They should be glad for this change because they will not labour for a man made organisation. 222222222222 depending on where you work at bethel it is a gravy job

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

How sad! I knew this kid-he was smart as hell. Used to tutor me and everything in algebra and got a FULL scholarship to university of miami but instead chose to go to Bethel.

Hmm...bet he wishes he took what was behind Door #2 instead

• stillAwitness
  • magoo
    magoo

....so no more "planning on bethel service after high school?" College is once again o.k.?

magoo

• kristyann
    kristyann

But I don't get how this will work out regarding their recent tirade against college and higher education. I mean, the most recent district assemblies all lashed out at higher education... and then just in OCTOBER there were those 2 WT articles slamming higher education. What are they going to do? Do you think that they switch their position on college? Or do you think that they will just encourage everyone to go into the full-time pioneer work?

Do you think this will mean a switch in their college policy? That would be crazy considering they just lashed out at it a mere couple of months ago.

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

This just made me remember all the times I heard people say that bethel was the only place you could ever find real job security.

I feel so bad for these people. It must be awful to plan on spending your life at bethel and then wake up one morning and find out that you've been reassigned.

I wonder if they are having trouble finding volunteers to go to Gilead? The letter makes it sound like they are forcing some into Gilead service. Missionary work in a foreign country isn't for everyone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit