Did you receive any XMAS cards while in the jws?

by badboy 9 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

?

• puritz
    puritz

nop

• blondie
    blondie

I have received cards from neighbors, workmates, and non-jw family for over 50 years. Last year was the first time I sent any though. Just because I didn't celebrate doesn't mean they didn't.

Blondie

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

around a 100 each years - and I did send "greeting from Goedereede" cards which could be used for Christmas as well.....

2000 evening and the next morning.

2001 polar bears in our pond

2002 very bad weather......

I was a JW during this years......

• Cellist
    Cellist

Yes, my nonJW family sent cards and gifts. I respected their beliefs by accepting them as graciously as I could. They respected my beliefs and I tried to respect theirs.

Cellist

• greendawn
    greendawn

Some relatives continued to send them every year though I was not replying to them at that time. I was pleased that they remembered me.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Yes, but not nearly as many as I did this year

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Just from employers and the like.

But in 2005 I sent and recieved both. I mailed about 35 I think. Mostly to those on JWD, but also to some family.

I loved it!

Jeff

• aarque
    aarque

My husband and I had been having problems and asked the elders a few times to come by for help. They continually ignored us. That year my husband and I got a Christmas card from his brother. I had opened the mail, and stuck the card on the refrigerator door so he could see it. (his brother would always ask if we had seen his cards) By that time, the two of us were barely attending meeting. A few days after getting the card, an elder knocked at my door. When he stepped in, he noticed the card still up on the fridge and said that he wanted to talk to me in the livingroom. What did he have to say that couldn't be said in the kitchen? He stepped into the livingroom, looked around, then left. He was in the house for barely two minutes and hardly said anything to me. It suddenly dawned on me that he was looking for a Christmas tree! I was totally PO'd. That was finally the last straw for me. My husband wasn't home when this happened. When he came in, I told him what happened. He never went back to the hall, either.

• badboy
    badboy

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR REPLIES.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit