"Where else are we to go?" - How to answer?

by AlmostAtheist 43 Replies latest jw friends

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

LMAO @ Tetrapod - ur 1helluvafunnyguy!

Lots of people have said so many things that make sense here I cant quote them all.

I guess im just embarrased that I used to use exactly that argument. It comes at a particular stage of your development, I think. It comes at the stage when you are still defending da troof, at the stage where you are still shit scared of apostate material, at the stage where you are doubting, but working real hard to convince yourself that despite your doubts its still the only place to be.

Later on you can accept different views and takes on things, like you dont have to go anywhere you can just leave, or there are a million places you can go to, or you dont need anyone to lead you.

But whilever you are still bleating that mantra, you are too early to be talked out. Like a yellow head that hasnt developed to the point where the pus can be squeezed out (sorry about that grim analogy). You have to wait for it to get a head on it before you can get rid of it.

• NYCkid
    NYCkid

Terry said: Spend your time pursuing your humanity and feeling the exhilaration of living apart from the whiplash of delusional taskmasters. Be your own person. Find your nature and discover it. The world doesn't belong to Satan; it belongs to the man who is willing to claim it and nurture it and develop his treasure by the sweat of his brow and the genius of his own ideas.

Amen brother!!! Although I attend Greek (Eastern) Orthodox and Episcopalian services occasionally, I am a true Humanist at heart. We as humans have so much potential, if only we could break free from the bondage of religion (all religion as we know it) and realize it. Sometimes I wish we could return to the days of "Pax Romana." They knew how to live.

Best,
    NYCkid

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

As well as the "to whom" not "where" answer, there are other scriptures...

John 14:6

“I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

Acts

“There is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we may be saved.”

1 Corinthians 3:11 (NIV)

“For no man can lay any other foundation than what is laid, which is Jesus Christ.”

Jeremiah 17:5-8

“Cursed is the man who trusts in human beings, who seeks his strength in flesh, whose heart turns away from Jehovah…….Blessed is the man.….”

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi cognizant dissident, welcome to the forum!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit