David2002, "Bible as the authority" thread...

by AuldSoul 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome NYCkid!

• belbab
    belbab

I would like some clarification on something.

Do you mean that I or some JW should give replies that only support the Witness doctrine by only using the Bible Scriptures?

Can scripturally based replies, to the above questions give arguments contrary to the Witness dogma?

If it is only arguments of support, no or few replies will be forthcoming unless Scholar, BS & Religious Studies shows up.

If contrary arguments are allowed, then many replies will arrive, but each question will take some time to explore fully. I expect this will be a long time thread.

belbab

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Those are excellent questions AS. I asked one on the thread about 2005 Service Year.

I was ignored so far.

I will watch with great interest.

Jeff

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

belbab,

Knock yourself out, friend. I wasn't posting restrictions on every poster, I just promised what I would not do. I am eager to see whether there is Scriptural support of these doctrines that don't require human interpreters and invented explanations that the Bible doesn't give.

I was also making clear at the outset that it isn't necessary to present a reasonable alternative in order to challenge a belief for basis. All that is required is for the flaw in the basis to be exposed and provide an opportunity for someone to show why what seems to be a flaw, isn't really a flaw.

If someone WANTS to show another way things can be explained, that is fine. But I was afraid the discussion may turn to arguing over the validity of the alternate explanations instead of sticking to whether the JW beliefs and teachings are valid. Just wanted to make sure any Witness responders know that the burden of proof is on the one TEACHING the belief, not on the one doubting the belief.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    (1) Christian Elders have a responsibility to judge wrongdoers from within the congregation, mete out sentences, and act as executioners in private trials that cannot be recorded or witnessed by others. (1 Timothy 5:20)

I find this one very interesting indeed. I would like to see an apologist take this on.

Where do you suppose they are today? HMMMMMM

Jeff

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    (1) Christian Elders have a responsibility to judge wrongdoers from within the congregation, mete out sentences, and act as executioners in private trials that cannot be recorded or witnessed by others. (1 Timothy 5:20)

I find this one very interesting indeed. I would like to see an apologist take this on.

Yep, I would like to see how the whole judicial process is defended scripturally.

I gotta say though, that i would think there's another aspect than what's in the question. It's the matter of "restrictions". Where are they found in the scriptures? You know, when opeople are re-instated and are 'placed' on restrictions for, say, a year. Where's that in the Bible?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I think David musta missed this one! (or maybe he's working it out!)

David!!!!!......

yoouhoo David!!.....

are you there, David??

anyone seen David??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit