Recovery 101 - a possibility?

by Lady Lee 43 Replies latest members private

• garybuss
    garybuss

LL, why are ya in the ER? Are ya okay?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Great idea Lady Lee.

I have not read this book - but perhaps I will.

Whomever finds the best place to order let us know.

LL, why are ya in the ER? Are ya okay?

I must echo Gary's concern here too.

Jeff

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    There may need to be a digestion period b4 moving onto the next topic.

Yes My original thought was daily but then I realized that didn't give enough time for people to absorb the info. I thought a week would be better. People had time to digest one week's information. People who need more time can take it and move on to the next week when they are ready.

For Gary and Jeff

My feet have gotten very swollen. My left foot looks more like a club than a foot and the right foot is trying to catch up. All during Dec there was minimal swelling but now it is pretty much out of control.

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

I just requested it from my library. Count me in.

Jankyn

• garybuss
    garybuss

You wrote: My feet have gotten very swollen. My left foot looks more like a club than a foot and the right foot is trying to catch up. All during Dec there was minimal swelling but now it is pretty much out of control. This can't be good. So are you getting help now?

• Skeptik
    Skeptik

I would be very interested in participating if you were to post topics and exercises. I love writing prompts and things like that. They are very helpful to me in my journaling. I think it's a great idea!

• wednesday
    wednesday

Count me in LL. I will locate the book somehow.

I am so glad you are doing this, it will benefit me, for sure. I imagine it will benefit all who choose to contribute.

I hope you are ok. I just saw a kidney doctor myself b/c of continued feet/leg /body swelling. It is difficult if you are confined to a wheelchair any length of time . Hope it is nothing serious.

weds

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Gary

This can't be good. So are you getting help now?

No it isn't good. And the Dr last night was just as mystfied as all the other Dr's I've seen. I do have a great Dr but without a diagnosis it is really hard to treat. Basicly we are just trying to keep the symptoms (swelling and pain) to a minimum. The hard thing for me is that no one knows what is going on.

Skeptic

I would be very interested in participating if you were to post topics and exercises. I love writing prompts and things like that. They are very helpful to me in my journaling. I think it's a great idea!
    Journaling would be very helpful to all who try this. Many of the exercises in the book recommend journaling. And the exercise is for the person. No one will be asked to post their responses although they are welcome to post what they are comfortable with. Let me make something clear: It is not required that you have the book. I think the book is great. I know I'm seeing all kinds of things that I missed before. But I hope to be able to use enough of the book so that if people can't afford or obtain the book they will still get enough to benefit from the exercises.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, this could work very well. I started a questions to UBM series, and it was very well attended. I was soliciting information more than anything, so people got to share, sometimes I think, more than they ever had. After all had contributed, I commented and summarized.

Oh yes, since I was interested in following the same responders, when I started a new UBM question, I PM'd past participants and known UBM's to alert them to the thread. I got the feeling participants really enjoyed it. Some lurkers even came out of the shadows; too shy to post, but they'd PM me their responses to post.

Enjoyable over all. Yes, I think it could work very well.

Sorry to hear your feet are bothering you again.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I just called Hunter house publishers and they told me that the book is no longer in print. They said they have not had the right to the book in years. (why is it still up on their website) They do not plan on printing anymore. They said as far as they know, the author has the rights to the book and we will probably have a hard time finding it.

weds

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit