An activists conference???

by Junction-Guy 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Wouldnt it be cool if we could get all of the activists together at a conference and discuss ways to counter the WT Society. We could make it a 2 day event, or even a 1 day event. People such as Barbara Anderson, Blondie, Danny Haszard, and the many more people who actively work to expose the JW Cult. I would like to organize such a thing myself, but my funds are gonna be extremely limited this upcoming year. I would like to choose Tennessee or Ohio as the location. If enough people were to attend we could get media coverage. We could choose one theme, such as blood transfusions, pedophiles, or we could make it a general catch all for anyone who has been harmed by the WT Society and its lies. If we gather enough brilliant and determined minds together, we could make our voices known?

My question is, if we were to plan a conference in either Knoxville Tennessee or Dayton Ohio, how many people would be willing to attend? would your finances allow traveling across country to this event?

The nature of the conference will be mostly business, but we can arrange for other activities too such as sightseeing, group dinners, attending amusement parks, etc etc etc.

Any good ideas??

• Jamelle
    Jamelle

I would possibly be interested in attending. Either location would be within driving distance for me. I would want to know more about how the conference would be structured.

If nothing else, I would welcome the opportunity to meet other ex-JWs. Especially ones that I've started to get to know by being on this forum.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Well it wouldnt have to be anything formal, but perhaps we could have a few people speak, and also give tips on effective letter writing, the do's and dont's of picketing, getting ahold of the news media. Sort of like a round table conference, where we could get together and work out some strategy. It would also be a good opportunity to meet some people from this board, and have a little social interaction too.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'd be interested in going, but I can't get away on overnighters any more. I don't know anyone nearby who could take care of my bird.

W

• sf
    sf

Ha! Can we have skits too? I'll play the well informed householder who has just finished reading the autumn issue of Journal of Church and State.

Barb can play the jw!! LOLOLOLOLOL She and Jaracz are pioneering together!! [edited to add that AlanF would play Jaracz] bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and happen upon my door...

sKally

• JAVA
    JAVA

I think Junction-Guy needs a little help when a JW offers him the mags. :)

• ferret
    ferret

Count my wife and me in. We're always looking for a reason to have a vacation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit